Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:13:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhite Chamber
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: White Chamber  (Read 2954 times)
Tr00jg
« on: September 16, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »

Who has played this indie adventure gem? I recently played it in full (its short) and it just rocked. I love medium-difficulty adventure games.

White Chamber is a murder, who-dunnit in space. It is kind of like Solaris meets Silent Hill. There are these crazy trippy scenes scattered through the game.

Get it here: http://www.studiotrophis.com/wc.php

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Who else have played it?
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »

I loved it. One of my favourite indie adventure games Smiley

Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »

The one thing that struck me about it were that it's production values were insane. After playing the Trilby and Ben Jordan games, it seems weird to play something like this that looks really pretty damn great. There were definitely a lot of Silent Hill style moments were everything got that little bit screwed up, and unlike the somewhat soft horror of '5 Days A Stranger', the visuals in this one really helped to elevate it to geniune horror at points. Great game!

Though to carry it on for those who've finished it, has anyone listened to 'the grey tower' on the site? Apparently it's an audio drama told through more of the voice logs, it sounds fairly tempting too considering the majority of audio dramas like 'Night of Knives'(Guilty Gear) never see a translated release, so it'd be interesting to see what it's like for once.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:53:14 PM by Xander » Logged
Zaphos
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 05:25:57 PM »

The one thing that struck me about it were that it's production values were insane. After playing the Trilby and Ben Jordan games, it seems weird to play something like this that looks really pretty damn great.
Hmm, I would say the production is clearly high effort, but inconsistent; for example, they sacrificed animation quality to get their resolution.  One of the first things I notice in the game is the poor walk cycle.

EDIT: I wrote that having not played much of it -- just played through twice (for the "redemption" and then "comedy" endings ...) and I have to add it's really quite good.  And aside from that oddly stiff walk cycle, the majority of the art is really well-crafted.  So, thanks for the suggestion, Tr00jg!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 08:14:42 PM by Zaphos » Logged
Advenith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »

I played this shortly after it came out. At the time, though, my computer had a problem with DivX and the cutscenes wouldn't play, so the game wasn't as good for me as it should have been. It still had some genuinely creepy moments, though. That repeating hallway that gets more and more hellish was pretty effective, and the shivering guy... Even if it was too short, that stuff made it worth playing.

I haven't listened to the Gray Tower yet, though. I should replay this and give it a shot.

heLLo,       ciTiZen. we can heaR everYthing you sAy.        we know wHat you taLK about, we knOw wHat you hear, and we knoW what you rEAd. sUbversiVe fiLth. yoUr kind wiLl be clEansed from the eArth. why     reSiSt? eVen if wE can't      finD you, the druGs will. it's Only a mAtter of tiMe.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic