Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:32:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsBlender: How to see textures and edit their UVs in the UV editor?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blender: How to see textures and edit their UVs in the UV editor?  (Read 891 times)
USUNM@
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »

Whenever a texture comes out warped and I try to fix the UVs, I find it difficult to get it perfectly because I can see the textures and edit at the same time.
Is there some way to see the texture and the UVs at the same time and edit them?
Vinmossu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:30:50 AM »

You can switch the timeline panel to UV image editor or just change from Default to Uv editor in the top bar
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »

Hover your cursor over one of the edges of one of the windows in the editor. Right click. It should give you the option of splitting your window. Now you have two windows. Switch one window over to the UV editor. Switch the other window over to a 3D view. Now you can see your model in 3D while also editing the UV map, and you will be able to see the changes on the model as they're happening in real-time.

I do this all the time. Being able to see the changes in real-time is very important for editing/optimizing the UV mapping. I'll commonly divide the main 3D window into two windows when I want to do simultaneous editing. You can always re-combine them later if you want to. (same process, just select to join the windows instead of splitting them)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic