Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:51:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: MOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!  (Read 79799 times)
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2016, 07:38:53 AM »

Hi there!

#11 DevLog: Moonlighter is going to kickstarter on Tuesday May 31st!

After a lot of thinking and consulting with several people we can finally say it: Our Kickstarter will be running from Tuesday May 31st to Friday July 2nd (32 days).

We know that these are not the best dates (not the worst, neither), but with the advice of a lot of people we have decided to go through the campaign. We are not going to show publicly the draft (for now), but we'll keep you all informed about everything.

The main reason of keeping the draft as private is that we want to produce as much momentum as possible at the beginning of the campaign. We know that E3 can be dangerous for us, and the first two weeks are going to be critical.

Also, a lot of people is helping us: LobsterSundew is being amazing with analytics and advice (as always). Square Enix is helping us too on a lot of ways. Contacting with other studios like Anima Project (Anima Gate of Memories) have also helped us to understand better the campaign process.

So please, save the date and give us support! We'll keep you all updated  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:53:34 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »

Will definitely be saving the date and supporting you!

That's also SO exciting with E3! I wish you all the best of luck in that adventure.

I'll be thinking of you from the Northern wilderness.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
RIPPorkins
Level 0

#StayOnTarget

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:03 AM »

This game looks like my dream. 100% backing your Kickstarter! The only request I have is a Fishing Stretch Goal!
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2016, 04:54:22 AM »

Will definitely be saving the date and supporting you!

That's also SO exciting with E3! I wish you all the best of luck in that adventure.

I'll be thinking of you from the Northern wilderness.

Thank you! We're going to need as much help as possible with diffusion. Our first days are critical  Wink

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2016, 04:57:41 AM »

This game looks like my dream. 100% backing your Kickstarter! The only request I have is a Fishing Stretch Goal!

Thank you!

Fishing is a good suggestion. Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right We'll think about it.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2016, 05:08:25 AM »

Best of luck on the last few days of KS prep. You guys are going to do really well!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2016, 05:08:53 AM »

#11.2 Social banners of Moonlighter's KS

Hi there, I'm just sharing here our social banners for Moonlighter. Feel free to use them. Gentleman As you know, our first weeks are going to be critical, so any help is welcome. I can also share with you the "now on Kickstarter" banners when the moment arrives, if you want.

For twitter:

For facebook:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:32:22 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2016, 05:10:08 AM »

Best of luck on the last few days of KS prep. You guys are going to do really well!

Thank you  Grin (Fingers crossed)

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »

Hi there,

We'll be using thunderclap too. Just in case you are interested, I'm sending you an image with the draft of the campaign.

We need to update the image, maybe change the description, add the final Kickstarter URL...

It's our first time with the tool, so any feedback will be extremely welcome Smiley Of course, we'll keep you all updated.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2016, 09:14:41 AM »

New version of thunderclap banner:

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2016, 12:27:26 PM »

#12 DevLog: Alec Holowka is composing Moonlighter's music!

That's it! We can finally tell you who is going to be the composer for Moonlighter:

Alec Holowka / @infinite_ammo

He has worked on Acuaria and a lot of other indie projects... He's also currently working on Night In The Woods. We're very happy, and pretty sure that he will help us to make Moonlighter the great game that we want Coffee

(Only 4 days to Kickstarter!!!! )

Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2016, 12:02:03 PM »

Following! Lovely game.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2016, 01:33:09 PM »

Haven't commented on this in a while so yeah:

Excited for the Kickstarter and looking forward to throwing money at this;
Even though I had fun making a little music demo for you guys when applying to do music, I'm damn excited that you got Alec on board for Moonlighter! Was well happy to see that announcement on Twitter. I've known about his work on games like Night In The Woods for a good couple of years now so I'm very much looking forward to hearing what's going down re. the music!
Them concepts and banners from earlier look niceee

overall exciting stuff!! Good luck with the Kickstarter tomorrow, guys, you got this~

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2016, 02:00:14 AM »

Hi there!

#13 DevLog: Moonlighter is now on Kickstarter!

We wanted to publish this DevLog earlier, but we've been really busy with the first few minutes of the Kickstarter... That's it, we are finally there  Grin

We've started just few minutes ago and until now we've raised more than the 5% of the goal (finally it's 40.000 $ USD). Here you have the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalsun/moonlighter

We are now waiting for the first mailing action of Square Enix, today they'll send the mail to their contacts from Europe, and probably tomorrow to USA. We're planning also a parallel press release for both indie and regular videogame journalists.

We will try to maintain you all updated! Thank you for the support  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:11:02 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2016, 02:35:43 AM »

Backed it. Good luck!
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2016, 02:53:37 AM »

Backed it. Good luck!

Thanks!

More than 100 backers right now, and almost a 10% of the game funded!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2016, 05:31:17 AM »

Crazy! Here it's 15:27. It's been 5 hours and a half since we pushed the big "start" button.

We've raised 5.700 $ right now (almost a 15% of the campaign), and Moonlighter appears 7th on popularity on the "games" category of Kickstarter.

We are still waiting for Square Enix first mailing action, that will happen on any moment!

RIPPorkins
Level 0

#StayOnTarget

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2016, 07:46:07 AM »

Backed it! You guys are already at 20%!
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2016, 08:01:38 AM »

Yes! It's a lot of work, but an amazing experience as well!  Grin

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2016, 10:19:53 PM »

704 backers have currently pledged $16,270 (40.67%). The launch day went well.

--- Part 1 --- campaign performance.

By 12:53PDT Moonlighter's campaign had surpassed 30% funded with 543 backers pledging $12,357. Crossing the 30% funded objective so soon is very good for its chances to get funded. What is more uncertain is how many stretch goals will be reached.

The average pledge is $23.11 per backer. A $15 priced game usually lands an average of between $22 and $31 per backer. All 350 $12 early-bird tier slots are filled. The average pledge amount should rise as newcomers pick the more efficient (at cover funding distances) $15 tier. At $31 per backer it would take 1,290 backers to reach 100% funded. At $22 per backer it would take 1,818 backers to do the same.

Kicktraq shows a trend to $273,190 (682%). It takes about a week before the Kicktraq trend becomes more accurate. It is possible to add tags like "PS4" to the Kicktraq page using that "+Suggest" button. It can take some time for tags to appear due to moderation.

SideKick is for some reason showing a 12% success probability. Weird.

BackerTracker shows a trend to $78,556.

Bitly shows 81 clicks of the project shortlink (this is not the long project URL).

Kicklytics will show a trend after 5 days.

--- Part 2 --- exposure.

Moonlighter is ranked #1 in popularity for the video games category. It is 3rd in the overall games category behind the tabletop projects Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star and Outlive.

Hardcore Gamer did an article. There were also German and Spanish web sites. There was a post on the NeoGAF crowdfunding thread.

A post on /r/Games had 72% upvotes and 11 comments. A post on /r/gamernews had 68% upvotes and 2 comments. Overall the majority of comments are positive and about the art style. A /r/SquareEnix post had 100% upvotes and 3 comments.

The pitch video has 2,991 views on the YouTube version.

The project received a "Project we love" staff pick very quickly.

Exposure within Kickstarter is not a problem. It is the external environment outside of Kickstarter that will decide if stretch goals are achieved.

--- Part 3 --- communication with backers.

There is confusion about if the early-bird tier offers the choice of console keys.

The first day had 4 project updates. That is okay. Too many project updates can result in backers unsubscribing from just the updates of Moonlighter. What to avoid is having too many updates. It usually means no more than 1 update per day until the very end or a critically important announcement. If you are worried about making too many updates try to condense/combine potential updates together or use the comments area. There have been campaigns in the past that annoyed backers with multiple project updates every day.

Project update #4 about the timezone differences was good so that backers didn't have to wonder why there wasn't a quick response to comments. In the future, announcing going to sleep in the comments section instead of as a project update may be enough.

--- Part 4 --- other campaigns that launched.

Fable Fortune isn't in good shape. It suffers from the drawbacks that F2P digital CCG campaigns have with their reward tier structures. If someone wasn't willing to pledge at one tier, just piling more of the same thing at the next tier probably won't convince the person to pledge. It can force the average pledge amount down. F2P also means there is a disincentive to pledge for "cheap" gamers. There are also comments about the design of the game (such as how difficult some visual information is) in comparison to Hearthstone. Currently Fable Fortunes has 625 backers pledging £21,245 (0.085% of £250,000 goal). For perspective, realize that over the last 48 hours the pre-launch marketing was pushing hard. IGN did an article and a 17 minute video of play. The news about a Fable-related game went around most of the gaming communities I check. Moonlighter has done better with its backer numbers and it had less overall exposure.

A bunch of other campaigns have launched, but many of them are low quality and without traction. Two that were high quality are ZED and GREEDY GUNS. ZED is a Kickstarter project from one of the artists on Myst and the Command & Conquer series. GREEDY GUNS is a project inspired by Metal Slug.

June 1st may see more high quality projects launching.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic