Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:06:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: MOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!  (Read 79721 times)
i9s
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 01:10:28 AM »

It looks absolutely amazing :D I wish you luck with this project.
Verdemis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 02:10:39 AM »

This looks awesome. I will keep an eye on this. Wish you the best luck with your game.

never argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:13 AM »

Nice game, i'll be keeping an eye

Thank you! Smiley You can follow us on twitter and fb at @DigitalSunGames / Digital Sun Games.
We'll be uploading more info soon.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:34 AM »

Can't get enough dungeons, and this looks lovely.

Thank you! We are planning several dungeons types, each one with particular identity. Soon we will upload more materials Smiley

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 02:47:12 AM »

It looks absolutely amazing :D I wish you luck with this project.

This looks awesome. I will keep an eye on this. Wish you the best luck with your game.

Thank you guys! We'll be uploading more soon Smiley You can follow us on twitter/facebook at @DigitalSunGames

Griffith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 03:06:34 AM »

Looks stunning, very good job with the art style.

Reminds me slightly of azure dreams with the town/dungeon aspect.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 06:48:45 AM »

Looks stunning, very good job with the art style.

Reminds me slightly of azure dreams with the town/dungeon aspect.

Wow! Amazing world, thank you!

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 01:43:40 PM »

Great concept and great artwork. I think the idea of having a dual managment and dungeon exploration game is a fantastic one! Best of luck on this  My Word!

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 10:21:42 AM »

Great concept and great artwork. I think the idea of having a dual managment and dungeon exploration game is a fantastic one! Best of luck on this  My Word!

Thank you! We are working hard on it :D You can follow our work on twitter and fb as @DigitalSunGames

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 10:49:53 AM »

Ohh, this looks amazing! Love the gameplay concept!

The pixelart is also very nice, but as it is, it's hidden behind technical issues it seems. Im not sure if it's just in the pictures or if that's in the game too, but the pixels are very distorted most of the time(not every pixel is the same size, some are smaller, some larger, some longer etc). I think you should try solving that, as it's very distracting and makes the game look much worse than it actually is.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 03:00:15 AM »

Ohh, this looks amazing! Love the gameplay concept!

The pixelart is also very nice, but as it is, it's hidden behind technical issues it seems. Im not sure if it's just in the pictures or if that's in the game too, but the pixels are very distorted most of the time(not every pixel is the same size, some are smaller, some larger, some longer etc). I think you should try solving that, as it's very distracting and makes the game look much worse than it actually is.

Thank you! About the pixelart technical issues... We have been last week fighting against it, and now it's finally corrected. We will be showing more material soon  Wink

wzol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 04:47:57 AM »

Looks interesting, especially the items management part, that seems unique (no levels, only different items). I'm quite curious about how will that work out.

Keep up the great work! Smiley

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 05:55:46 AM »

Looks interesting, especially the items management part, that seems unique (no levels, only different items). I'm quite curious about how will that work out.

Keep up the great work! Smiley

Thank you! We are planing several posts about the game with more info :D

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 01:14:06 AM »

really gorgeous artstyle, love it!

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 02:20:54 AM »

Chiming in to say I really like this clean pixel art style you've got going there.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 04:30:25 AM »

really gorgeous artstyle, love it!

Chiming in to say I really like this clean pixel art style you've got going there.

Thank you! We will be showing more soon  Smiley You can follow us on twitter/facebook @DigitalSunGames

saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »

This looks and sounds excellent. I like the level of care it seems you have taken in figuring out how the dungeoning and the shopening work together and support each other. I was surprised you didn't list Recettear as an influence, as it is most similar to what you are doing (managing a shop and visiting dungeons). I loved that game though, and it looks like you are pushing this idea a bit further. The layout of the shop and how that works is very intriguing.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 09:52:34 AM »

This looks and sounds excellent. I like the level of care it seems you have taken in figuring out how the dungeoning and the shopening work together and support each other. I was surprised you didn't list Recettear as an influence, as it is most similar to what you are doing (managing a shop and visiting dungeons). I loved that game though, and it looks like you are pushing this idea a bit further. The layout of the shop and how that works is very intriguing.

Thanks for the feedback! We are working hard to bring Moonlighter into reality. Smiley You're right about Recettear, it is now an influence for us, but in fact we didn't know about it since few months ago!

The initial idea could be similar, but Moonlighter will be quite different to Recettear: On our game the player won't be changing between two characters across dungeons and the shop. Instead of that, we want to make the player follow the progression of Will, our shopkeeper that dreams on becoming a hero. Also, the shop and dungeons will have strong impact with the each other.

Besides of that, we believe that the overall look and feel of our game will be very different. x)

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

#2 DevLog: Gold & Items!

As we said before, Moonlighter is all about items and gold. We don’t have any traditional level progression. Instead of that, all the power depends on the equipment and carried items.

We have different cultures linked to each of our dungeons, and being a good archaeologist will be very important for Will. As the player finds more items of the same dungeon his general knowledge of that culture will increase, making it easier to set the “perfect” price for those items on the shop.

Carrying items around won’t be easy since many of them will have random secondary effects that will affect Will. Some of those effects might be positive (like a Golem head that also increases Will’s armor simply by being carried) but most will be negative, forcing the player to make decisions on what to carry on each dungeon run. These secondary effects will only be active inside the dungeons and won’t affect the item base price.

What do you think about this? Do you like the structure of the book and how the information is displayed?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:49:59 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

zed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »

Well done, this is really nice stuff. I think the book is well organised, easy to read and looks beautiful.
Keep up the good work!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic