Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:31:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: MOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!  (Read 79103 times)
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »

Final KickStarter Update + Bonus! Free Minigame + Paypal Late-Pledges
Backerkit, New Features and Some News
Surveys are ready!
BackerKit for PayPal supporters, end of pledges on 1st of December & details on the physical retro box
Reminder: Last week to complete your survey & We have a minimap!
Last Update of 2016: Advances on Development & more
Weapon combos, Moonlighter's plot & We're attending GDC!
Moonlighter is being published by 11bit studios! & Gameplay with Polygon
Getting close to Early Beta Access! + Free wallpapers & Development progress
Shop improvements & OST major changes. Also dev. progress!
Going on an adventure! Moonlighter on the E3, Backer Beta Details, Steam Page & Backstage: Our room editor
Back to Rynoka! E3 2017 summary & Backer Beta: The Golem King Awaits!
Moonlighter backer-exclusive beta starts! Details and guidelines
Backer beta: So far so good! FAQ's, Upcoming Events & Devlog
A Bunch of New Weapons! Also cool events :D
Moonlighter is coming to Nintendo Switch! FAQ, next steps & new FX.
Moonlighter Christmas Update: Music reveal!
Shop till you drop! Moonlighter got "content lock"!​

NEW-> Moonlighter release date announcement! Also Dungeoneering tips & Switch FAQ

During an archeological excavation – a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was found near the excavation site – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure.
Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero.

While conducting your business in Rynoka village, you can put items on sale, set their price carefully, manage gold reserves, recruit assistants and upgrade the shop. Be careful though – some shady individuals may want to steal your precious wares!

-------------

Getting to know Rynoka’s residents and understanding needs of customers is crucial. Some folks may have special quests for you, requesting rare items and offering handsome rewards in return.

-------------

Crafting and enchanting system is essential for the your progression. Interacting with the villagers is the way to craft new armors, weapons and enchant existing equipment. This creates a great deal of flexibility and spices up the way the equipment is used.

-------------

While visiting other worlds, collect valuable resources, weapons, armors, treasures and peculiar artifacts. Then, manage acquired loot using unique inventory-based abilities.

-------------

Defeating various enemies and bosses, revel in the challenging and deep combat mechanics. The depth of combat depends on the interactions between weapons, abilities, enemies and secondary effects of items. Feel comfortable developing your own battling style.

-------------

Gates lead to different worlds. Each run is unique and forces you to take some smart decisions. You never know what you will encounter next – that’s why you have to be prepared for everything.

-------------

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:51:51 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:37:16 AM »

This looks very nice! Good luck with the development!  Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »

This looks very nice! Good luck with the development!  Smiley

Thanks! We are working hard to make it a reality  Hand Thumbs Up Right

sqrMin1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 08:45:37 AM »

Good work!

Can't wait to read the first article on IndieDB.

Tracking.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 08:56:30 AM »

Good work!

Tracking.
Thanks!

Actually we already wrote it... Waiting for approval Tongue

sqrMin1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 09:20:06 AM »

Good work!

Tracking.
Thanks!

Haha, nice   Gentleman

InfernoSoul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »

Art style looks amazing!

Definitely following this  Smiley

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »

Man, this is adorable and it sounds like a lot of fun! I've always been a fan of "management" type games! It'd be neat if you could expand your shop after a while (have someone take over and then explore dungeons in different lands).

Will the player have to deal with rival merchants?

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »

Man, this is adorable and it sounds like a lot of fun! I've always been a fan of "management" type games! It'd be neat if you could expand your shop after a while (have someone take over and then explore dungeons in different lands).

Will the player have to deal with rival merchants?

Thanks for your words! We certainly hope it to be a lot of fun :D

You will be able to expand the shop yes (investing a large amount of gold and probably after you defeat specific bosses) and, yes, we have the idea of having an "assistant" to take care of the shop for players that prefer to focus on the dungeons... we are still thinking about it.

The way we think of the rival merchant for now is simply as a competitor form whom you can purchase basic objects but a very high price (things like potions, when you really need to spend gold on them) we were not thinking about really creating a "market" with moving prices and all.. but, hey, we are still trying things Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:17:23 PM by DigitalSun » Logged

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »

Subscribed for the art!  Beautiful stuff!

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 03:00:20 AM »

Subscribed for the art!  Beautiful stuff!

Thanks Man! You can follow the new things we publish at @DigitalSunGames, or you can follow our artists here: @AlienaRiu, @davidaguado142, @Ftalocianina

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 03:03:04 AM »

Good work!

Tracking.
Thanks!

Haha, nice   Gentleman

Hi again! The article on IndieDB (which basically is the same as this one for now) is already approved Wink

Here you have it!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/moonlighter-digital-sun

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »

It's always good to see some impressive games in development from another Spaniards.

As a Roguelite fan and as a Rogue Legacy lover I'm already loving this game. The art is beautiful and I love the concept of selling the stuff you found in the dungeons instead of just getting directly the money.

Good work so far!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »

It's always good to see some impressive games in development from another Spaniards.

As a Roguelite fan and as a Rogue Legacy lover I'm already loving this game. The art is beautiful and I love the concept of selling the stuff you found in the dungeons instead of just getting directly the money.

Good work so far!

Gracias! Smiley

We have high hopes for Moonlighter, let's see where the development bring us... If you want to follow us and give feedback and your impressions (we really listen) just follow us on twitter (@DigitalSunGames).

Best!

Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 01:13:54 PM »

Reminds me of minish cap visually, which is great! That one's a favourite of mine. You do mention it as an art inspiration, so I suppose that's no surprise.

Reading through the OP, you mention each item belongs to one of a handful of cultures. Do these affect stats items are likely to have as well?
koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »

Really love the game's aesthetic! It's these types of pixel art games that I really appreciate.  Can't wait to see more!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »

Reminds me of minish cap visually, which is great! That one's a favourite of mine. You do mention it as an art inspiration, so I suppose that's no surprise.

Reading through the OP, you mention each item belongs to one of a handful of cultures. Do these affect stats items are likely to have as well?

Hi Noyemi, thanks for the feedback. We do love minish cap yes! That's one of the influences of the game, I guess you can specially see it inside Will's shop.

About the cultures, each dungeon will be related to a culture and the items will be different so, even if it's a little more complex (and really, we are still defining it) I guess the answer is yes, it does affect stats and, even more important, price :D

Items should be what makes the mechanics of Moonlighter deep and the game very replayable (at least, that's what we have planned, many things are still being designed and playtested).

If you want to keep track of the development just follow us at twitter or fb (@DigitalSunGames).

Cheers!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »

Really love the game's aesthetic! It's these types of pixel art games that I really appreciate.  Can't wait to see more!

Thanks! Our artists do appreciate the feedback after the endless hours the spend crafting each sprite Smiley

Follow us at @DigitalSunGames if you want to see more Wink

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 09:21:27 PM »

Nice game, i'll be keeping an eye

deab
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:48 PM »

Can't get enough dungeons, and this looks lovely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic