Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:14:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSwarm Wielders
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Swarm Wielders  (Read 699 times)
Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2016, 01:41:05 PM »

This is an early demo video of a game I am working on with a team of devs, an artist and sound guys. The video has no sound yet, because this is still a work in progress.

The game is called Swarm Wielders. The premise: COLORFUL battles on floating space platforms. It is controller focused game-play, though we will support PC controls as well. Up to 4 players can join a game locally, for some split screen fun. The game also features AI which can be tough at times, but mostly pretty stupid Cheesy

You fight over territory for your team, which generates energy for you and your team. You use the energy to spawn "swarmlings", or make a shield. The swarmlings follow you around, and you can command them to lunge into a direction, to shoot them ... "shotgun" style. There are pickups which gives you abilities (the interface for this is lacking at the moment), and there is a variety of tiles.

There's still a lot of work to be done, but it's complete enough that we will upload a demo late next month.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:17:34 AM by Denzilb55 » Logged
Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:53:20 AM »

Our Energy and Rage indicator:

The yellow part fills up, and eventually starts glowing and pulsing. The outside goes from black to red, depending on how much damage you've recently dealt. The higher it is, the more energy you get.

Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:01:26 AM »

Following some feedback I got, I tweaked the swarmling dynamics to be a little more chaotic. I also started animating the environment and lights:

Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 07:17:11 AM »

I guess it's time to start making some GIFs Smiley

By the way, if anyone has a better name for the game, please throw suggestions at me!
Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 06:04:02 AM »

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic