Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:52:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallZeno Clash available for prepurchase!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Zeno Clash available for prepurchase!  (Read 8894 times)
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 04:48:39 AM »

The only fear I have with this game, and that no review or preview answered yet (I've read two) is how long/short this game actually is. Because for all we know, they could pull a HL2 on us. You play through the game, fight an (more or less) epic boss, think "OH SHIT'S EXPLODING ALL AROUND ME" and suddenly everything goes black and you see on the screen "Haha sucker, this was just episode one go buy our other stuff if you want to see this finished".
redoubtable troutbot
Level 2

The robot is your friend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:20 AM »

Quote from: RPS review
Kieron: We haven’t even hit the major problems, you know? As in, it’s 4 hours long.
Jim: How much is it going to cost at release? Because for £7 on pre-order, that seems okay.
Kieron: When its released, its 15 quid.
Alec: I genuinely think it would have outstayed its welcome if it got much longer, some of the multi-enemy fights were getting pretty frustrating as they were - if it had been longer, it would probably have involved more escalation and thus become miserably hard.
Jim: I think it could have been longer, if they’d had more visual awesomeness to throw at us. Towards the end it was losing that edge, for me.
Alec: It’s best they quit while they were still ahead.
Kieron: Which actually seems reasonable for me - you’re right, that they’d have to have added more art assets and general mentalness to justify extending the game. As a budget game, it sits right.
Shrug

I'd rather have a short, good game than a game with more length than content. So I'm looking forward to this.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:58 AM »

The only fear I have with this game, and that no review or preview answered yet (I've read two) is how long/short this game actually is. Because for all we know, they could pull a HL2 on us. You play through the game, fight an (more or less) epic boss, think "OH SHIT'S EXPLODING ALL AROUND ME" and suddenly everything goes black and you see on the screen "Haha sucker, this was just episode one go buy our other stuff if you want to see this finished".
They said that there will be more but not necessarily linked to this, I've also heard that the end is suppose to end the conflict of this game.

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 05:49:18 AM »

Reminds me of the Maxx a little. And, other things too.

Looks absoloutely mad. Might make a purchase a little later. Four hours... mmm, short indeed. Could be worth it, though. If it is as unique as it appears.
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 05:50:19 AM »

preloading.. 5 hours..

I haven't bought anything off steam since HL2 was released  Tongue hope it's worth it.
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 05:55:09 AM »

Reminds me of the Maxx a little. And, other things too.

Looks absoloutely mad. Might make a purchase a little later. Four hours... mmm, short indeed. Could be worth it, though. If it is as unique as it appears.
Well the tower thing must put some time on it.

Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 06:54:45 AM »

Shrug

I'd rather have a short, good game than a game with more length than content. So I'm looking forward to this.

Well ouch.

But anyway, generally you're right. But if I'm going to get "The End....or is it?" at the end of this then I'm never going to buy anything from ACE Team again. I don't really care if it is a short good game or a long bad game, what I want is a concluded game, not a half-finished game.
redoubtable troutbot
Level 2

The robot is your friend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »

what I want is a concluded game, not a half-finished game.

The review mentions that as well, actually Tongue

But we'll find out for ourselves in a few hours, anyways. Can't wait to punch some bird-dudes or whatever they are in the face.
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 07:39:47 AM »

The review mentions that as well, actually Tongue

Oh god dammit. I will shut up now.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »

This = great. I just got to the torch part.

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »

I'm getting my ass handed to me when I try to use the sword/club. Loving it so far though
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

An open ending. How utterly unpredictable. Or maybe it was a closed ending but then those guys really suck with storytelling.
Fuzz
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »

Dammit, 3 GB is too much for me! Angry
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 10:30:47 PM »

I didn't finish it last night but so far it's okay, I like the game and the story has some neat ideas, the art is absolutely awesome.

However the voice acting isn't too good [some of them are just sad  Sad] the story is clearly not written by professionals but is outdone by the art so it can be accepted that it is a little 'odd'.

Overall I am enjoying the game and can't wait to finish it.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 03:23:12 AM »

this game is delicious

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 03:01:43 AM »

It was indeed cool. Audiovisual presentation didn't do it for me and the equipment/health pickup-system provided a lot more annoyance than it had to, but the basic fighting was immensely satisfying.

Umm... spoiler warning for the rest, I guess.

Bosses were all kind of annoying, though. Near-identical versions of "avoid, slam, repeat" except for the hunter who wasn't very hard to begin with, and they all had a little too many moments where a perfectly good hit wouldn't damage them. The final boss (both iterations) felt like it went YHTBTR on you a little too quickly, especially since the second advice was pointless - it was much easier (and safer) to just kill him with the gun alone than to get up close. The fighting was indeed masterful so it's not like the bosses ruined the game, they just felt like a missed opportunity.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 03:08:48 AM »

I just the funds in my PayPal yesterday. Angry Now I don't have enough money again.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 03:09:17 AM »

3 GB? This game is not 3 GB. Huh?

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 05:01:20 AM »

I am finding this quite annoying to play.

Fuzz
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 06:29:31 AM »

3 GB? This game is not 3 GB. Huh?
That's what it says on D2D.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic