Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:07:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionRental Pickup
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rental Pickup  (Read 3705 times)
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« on: March 19, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »

Rental Pickup Premise:

It's your first week working at a "Specialty Vehicle" rental shop.  Your new job: to go pick up the vehicles when the clients are finished with them.

The game is a side-scrolling platformer.  The goal of each work day (each stage is a work day in the week) is to go locate the used vehicles for that day, then drive them back to the shop. 

When not in any vehicle, you can use your trusty jetpack to get around.

Every vehicle will be controlled and handle in a different (often counter-intuitive) way from the others, and controls will have to be learned from labeled buttons/levers/etc in the vehicle's cockpit.

Some stages may require you to use one vehicle to get another, and other such puzzles.

I'll post more screens as the game develops.

A major goal for me with this game is to emulate the feeling of "crap, I have no idea what I'm doing" when you first start a new job.

(I'm mostly posting this thread to give me more incentive to actually finish this.  I've intended to enter every TIGS compo.  All of them.  And I never have finish my entry in time)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:42:59 PM by Matt Thorson » Logged

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »

Glad to know I'm not the only one that started late. Wink

Cool idea.  Finish it!

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »

A major goal for me with this game is to emulate the feeling of "crap, I have no idea what I'm doing" when you first start a new job.

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with this.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic