Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:40:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSocial Experiment
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Social Experiment  (Read 2034 times)
Andrew Brophy
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:00:17 PM »

I finally got around to joining these forums. I've been meaning to, but was never motivated enough. Anyway, here's a game that I finished last month.

Social Experiment.
By Andrew Brophy.

--------------------
Download
Box.net
Yoyo Games
GMArcade
--------------------
Core Information
Made in: GM7 Pro.
Filesize: 9MB.
Fullscreen: Optional.
Changes resolution: No.
--------------------
Screenshots: [1] [2]
--------------------
This is a simple puzzle platformer about two friends who set out to save one of the friends' girlfriend. It can be played by one or two people and all controls are explained in the 'How to play' area (which I strongly recommend reading first). It was the 1st place winner of the Zerosoft Games' Retro Competition.
--------------------
A complete walkthrough on my blog.

-Andrew.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:08:53 PM by Andrew Brophy » Logged
increpare
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »

the head-jumping thing seems to be awkward to get to work in single player mode...am i missing something? hmmm...
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

You links are broken. change

url=http://"http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box_download_shared_file&file_id=f_260097040&shared_name=1ybkt7k9zi"

to

url=http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box_download_shared_file&file_id=f_260097040&shared_name=1ybkt7k9zi

The game itself has a lot of potential, but it seems a bit off or buggy in some places. Neither alt-f4 nor the x closes the game. I also ran into a problem in the first room with the spike pit. Is there a way to make the NPC stop moving? Otherwise it always tries to follow me over the spike pit and dies before I can get to the switch.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:11:18 PM by Gold Cray » Logged
Andrew Brophy
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:10:30 PM »

You press control to stop your partner from following you. You press it again to make them follow again. Also, I fixed the links, thanks for telling me.

EDIT: You press Esc to go to the main menu, from there you can quit the game.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »

This is starting to feel familiar

EDIT: You press Esc to go to the main menu, from there you can quit the game.

I see the title of the game, but no menu.
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 02:39:55 AM »

Me and my friend got to the tower thing and the dialog started and ended, then started again, and again... We couldn't finish the game then. (I was actually not sure if that was supposed to happen or not.)

Also, whenever Willkinson uses Malky as a weapon, Malky jumps of Wilkensons head, and that makes a lot of the game overly frustrating.

My games on  GameJolt.com

PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 05:12:42 AM »

Me and my friend got to the tower thing and the dialog started and ended, then started again, and again... We couldn't finish the game then. (I was actually not sure if that was supposed to happen or not.)

Also, whenever Willkinson uses Malky as a weapon, Malky jumps of Wilkensons head, and that makes a lot of the game overly frustrating.
Yeah this made me quit as well. You actually can move a little bit between the loop and after some steps it stops looping but it is too annoying when you have to start again at that point every time you die.

Other than that I really liked a lot. Difficulty was good, visuals and music was superb!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic