Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:44:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCrayon Ball (iPhone/iPod Touch) Look at the Commercial I made for it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crayon Ball (iPhone/iPod Touch) Look at the Commercial I made for it!  (Read 4876 times)
tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »

Hi everyone I just made a commercial for Crayon Ball, what do you guys think?
[youtube]jNYUlTuNQRw[/youtube]
^hmmm none of the common "embed youtube" tags seems to work... so maybe TIG does not have tags set up for this Sad

Here is a link to the commercial on youtube video check it out.

----------previous post --------
Huzzah and Cheer!
Crayon Ball is now available for the iPhone and iPod Touch.  It is a physics based color matching game with hand drawn crayon graphics.

and since I love the TIGForums... here are 5 free copies for anyone that wants them! (First come first serve)
Just enter one of these promo codes into the iTunes store.

P3ERMT3XYW9H

AATKKHLR9T4F

7NHW46L67X4H

LR73EL9M9E6P

MFNFKJTRLWME

Hand Money Left Wizard Hand Money Right

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:58:35 PM by tylerjhutchison » Logged

tylersaurus.com | twitter | blog | wedrawcomics.com -- software engineer by day, comic book artist/game dev by night.
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:11:09 PM »

:D Awesome title screen. Don't have an iPhone, though Sad Annoying with the sudden explosion of iPhone indie games.
aznmonk
Level 0

There and back again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »

hey, ill try the promo codes now and leave a review soon!
Business Bear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »

This was fun!   Smiley
Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »

I liked it!  The sound effects and graphics fit together nicely.  Are you planning on making multiple gameplay modes?
tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »

I liked it!  The sound effects and graphics fit together nicely.  Are you planning on making multiple gameplay modes?
Thank you very much,  currently we have multiple gameplay modes for our Desktop version of the game(ScribBall), but we do not currently have any plans for multiple game-play modes on the iPhone.  Part of the problem is due to designing a mode that will work nicely with a touch interface, and the second part is making games that can work with limited screen real estate and limited CPU performance.  So we can't just directly port modes from the desktop version over to the iPhone. Sad

Our current plans are to release new themes every week. If Crayon Ball continues to be a success maybe new game modes... but maybe some sort of global score system... maybe both.  We also need to consider how much, work we want to put into a game that is sold for less than $1.99.

tylersaurus.com | twitter | blog | wedrawcomics.com -- software engineer by day, comic book artist/game dev by night.
Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 04:32:13 PM »

If you establish with your customers that you do good updates on a fairly frequent basis, they'll probably be more inclined to buy your next game, since they will assume that that game will receive extended attention from the devs too (kind of what Valve's model is, but on a smaller scale).  You would just have to make it apparent that you were the same developer of Crayon Ball.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.  That happens to me a lot.
tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »

If you establish with your customers that you do good updates on a fairly frequent basis, they'll probably be more inclined to buy your next game, since they will assume that that game will receive extended attention from the devs too (kind of what Valve's model is, but on a smaller scale).  You would just have to make it apparent that you were the same developer of Crayon Ball.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.  That happens to me a lot.

No, no, you are not wrong... well at least we are also hoping that you are not wrong.  Although it seems like a lot of applications that manage to make a ton of money on the iPhone are pretty much just garbage (iFart, iHunt iChopter... FTW!!), it seems to be getting better and we are starting to see some companies that make/publish awesome games such as: Illusion Labs(Sway, Touch Grind), NGMoko(Rolando).  We are pretty strong believers that the best way to run a game company is by doing good work and making good games.  When it comes to making applications for the iPhone, designing shovel-ware seems really tempting... but we are still relatively new to this whole "trying to make money by selling games" business, so we are not quite desperate/greedy enough yet to come out with the next iFart.

So for now we are going to try and do our best, and hope that people notice... even if it does not make us all that phat cash right from the get go.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:47:38 PM by tylerjhutchison » Logged

Business Bear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »

I just saw a big advertisement for Crayon Ball on some news site today!    Coffee
Nulldorf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:48 PM »

In an effort to support a TIGer, i bought this app, the first one I have paid for in the month or so that I've owned an iphone.

Pretty fun. And for .99c I really can't complain. I agree that more themes would nice, and I'd encourage you not to be afraid to put more work into the game. While it probably wont make you a millionaire, the price puts it in that realm of "I'm willing to try it without knowing too much about it" and in this case I'm glad I did.
tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

In an effort to support a TIGer, i bought this app, the first one I have paid for in the month or so that I've owned an iphone.

Pretty fun. And for .99c I really can't complain. I agree that more themes would nice, and I'd encourage you not to be afraid to put more work into the game. While it probably wont make you a millionaire, the price puts it in that realm of "I'm willing to try it without knowing too much about it" and in this case I'm glad I did.

Gentleman

New themes are going to be a weekly thing... or at least as often as Apple allows us to update.  We are also looking into getting a soundtrack for the game.

tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »

I just made a commercial for this game check it out!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNYUlTuNQRw

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »

one of the best commercials ever
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »

one of the best commercials ever
The single best commercial ever.
Yes, I actually mean that.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Business Bear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 03:41:19 PM »

That was amazing.
agj
Level 10