Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:51:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 463088 times)
Stephen Orlando
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1220 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »

@KlayMan: wow, there's so much content in your game, I'm impressed.

Thanks! My strategy from the start has been to have as much content as possible to mask the mostly unoriginal and cliched platformer gameplay. Hope it fools people  Well, hello there!

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 17, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »

@KlayMan: wow, there's so much content in your game, I'm impressed.

Thanks! My strategy from the start has been to have as much content as possible to mask the mostly unoriginal and cliched platformer gameplay. Hope it fools people  Well, hello there!

Haha, it looks cool though. "Over a billion pixels"

destiny is truth pre-op
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1222 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:33 AM »

Here's a recording I made last night of my current project doing its thing. Getting sorta excited about this.

Note: This wasn't planned ahead, so only some of the strange noises you hear in the later bit were totally intentional

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1223 on: April 21, 2011, 08:35:05 PM »

I just finished programming some AI for a connect four variant with alpha beta pruning that is unbeatable.  Yay!

aekeren
« Reply #1224 on: April 21, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »

Over a billion pixels!  Cheesy

Looks super appealing KlayMan.  I had fun just watching the trailer.
diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1225 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:10 AM »

I thought this was awesome. Was this awesome? I thought so. Yeah, awesome. Gomez
diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1226 on: April 24, 2011, 04:18:47 AM »

http://lynchpin.mine.nu:8080/picovalhalla/

A TaskPaper stylizer in PHP. Flows @done flags as percentage done to parents. A simple way to keep track of tasks and notes. Need to add accordion-type behavior to the children.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1227 on: April 24, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »

It took so much less time than I planned that I'm surprised.
But now I'll have to come up with new task Sad

Stephen Orlando
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1228 on: April 24, 2011, 05:56:11 AM »

I thought this was awesome. Was this awesome? I thought so. Yeah, awesome. Gomez

Thanks. I checked out your project and it also looks awesome. I know so.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Dark Star it develops.

diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1229 on: April 24, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »

Thanks. I checked out your project and it also looks awesome. I know so.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Dark Star it develops.
I'm honored! Tears of Joy
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1230 on: April 30, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »

MULTIPLE SAVE SLOTS.

My program is now EVEN MORE technologically advanced than Mario Paint.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
eben_cs
Level 0

Go in door to get a data!

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 01, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »

THIS:

While I was literally waiting for paint to dry.
Conker534
« Reply #1232 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »

awwwwwwww
Ashkin
« Reply #1233 on: May 01, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 02, 2011, 01:34:54 AM »

A dungeon/cave generator in Game Maker based off of subliminal's post here.
First step into the world of procedural generation Tears of JoyHand Thumbs Up Right
RCIX
« Reply #1235 on: May 03, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »

Converted my project from one physics engine to another. Still has some bugs but its a big step towards some more features i plan to implement Smiley
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 03, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »

So today im9today bumped another old thread. Out of curiosity, I started looking through the really old threads on the back page, and as I was looking, that one thread by Bezzy caught my eye. Later, I come back to the forum, only to notice that he bumped that very same thread! Shock, awe, incredulity, it all came rushing in!

But I've got him now. I've figured out the method to his madness.

And in response, I made this. 

It's easy and fun! Run script, write response (a default one is copied to the clipboard for your convenience), and send it out there! Trolling is now as simple as 1-2-3! (requires Mac OS X)
im9today
« Reply #1237 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

So today im9today bumped another old thread. Out of curiosity, I started looking through the really old threads on the back page, and as I was looking, that one thread by Bezzy caught my eye. Later, I come back to the forum, only to notice that he bumped that very same thread! Shock, awe, incredulity, it all came rushing in!

But I've got him now. I've figured out the method to his madness.

And in response, I made this. 

It's easy and fun! Run script, write response (a default one is copied to the clipboard for your convenience), and send it out there! Trolling is now as simple as 1-2-3! (requires Mac OS X)

who gave you this? wikileaks?
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »

who gave you this? wikileaks?

To tell the truth, Mediafire, of all places. You see, in a fit of blind aversion to research, I decided to download the entire Thompson Twins discography (just to find that one song that goes Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ow). And while looking through the .rar's afterward, I stumbled upon a little script labeled "im9today.pl". At first I was skeptical, but after reading through the source code I was amazed. It was like I had found the Holy Grail; the powerhouse behind a staple of the TIGSource community.

Unfortunately, the script didn't work, as I'm pretty sure it was tooled for an older version of SMF (the script was launching 404s like nobody's business). Also, it sadly required a missing include to what I believe generated the responses, meaning that those zany comments that we all know and love were replaced with "undef". Also also, geeze man, haven't you heard of whitespace? Just because you can compress most Perl scripts to 4 lines doesn't mean you should!

In the end I pretty much had to recode the whole thing. It's pretty evident, what with all the comments and useless lines. Heck, half of the lines in that script are just cleanup stuff to make debugging easier, and I could probably remove them without problem. And it still pains me that it's nowhere near as functional as your original script.

But what can you do...
Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1239 on: May 04, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »

The beginning of a new prototype

…and a concept sketch

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic