Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:40:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 461158 times)
Thewaether
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2160 on: August 19, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »

Actually yesterday, but near enough. It's a background for part of a game I'm making
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2161 on: August 19, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »

menu buttons Cool

JakobProgsch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 21, 2013, 04:17:12 PM »

A TCG Roguelike?

mikejkelley
Level 1

DreamCaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2163 on: August 24, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »

WIP. Fuller image here:
http://www.nickelcitypixels.com/yoshimiBeautyRenderB&W.jpg
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2164 on: August 25, 2013, 03:19:22 AM »

Her face makes her look retarded, what with the eyes and the mouth on the side.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Trent
Level 0

Someday I'll make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2165 on: September 02, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »

Someone uploaded a subway surfers style vertex shader for Unity - so I had to try it.

I'm thinking something with cars might be a good direction to go in.  Well, hello there!

tjkopena
Level 0

Fortune favors the bold.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2166 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »

Today the simple physics engine for a new version of my library RocketHaxe is starting to look credible:

They're still quivering and sinking into each other a bit more than I like, but I'm not sure how much more I can account for that in the simple 1-pass impulse reaction model being used.  My hope is it's workable enough for typical platformers, shooters, and such where objects aren't generally stacking up so much.

Other demos as I go along have been posted to my blog.

George Michaels
Level 0

I like big butts and I can not lie

View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »

They're still quivering and sinking into each other a bit more than I like, but I'm not sure how much more I can account for that in the simple 1-pass impulse reaction model being used.
You could do something similar to how (I think) Box2D handles it: just ignore collisions that are less than, say, 0.1

Yeah, that.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2168 on: September 06, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »

tbh I've always found that simply resolving the penetration by some ratio between the objects and having some way of dealing with the velocities gives a much more "game"-y response than doing things with impulses - certainly avoids the "sinking in" you have there on the stacked boxes.

Another option is verlet integration on the vertices if you want cheap rotational dynamics (or for the ball, the center), but that's quite a big change Smiley

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 15, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »

Flying Getis . exe
Blambo
« Reply #2170 on: September 15, 2013, 06:22:32 PM »

"Getis - WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER?! DIIIIIIIIIIIIVE"
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2171 on: September 23, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

I made a super-generalized cellular automata code for no reason in particular and I can't explain why but I'm just really proud of it
Kekskiller
« Reply #2172 on: September 23, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »

Holy shit, is that actually Blitzbasic? Man, I haven't seen any Blitzbasic code since I finished school. Interesting to notice this in such a context, though.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2173 on: September 23, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »

Re: all the stuff about me above Wizard

Fwiw I think Arne (Prom/ANJ/whatever) uses Blitz for all of his programming. Not sure if blitzbasic or what, never used it myself, but people are still using those techs. I guess it's probably from a "whatever works" perspective.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2174 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:45 PM »

That's actually BlitzMax, which is pretty different from Blitz Basic. Same company and all, similar syntax, but very different otherwise. Blitz Basic is, you know, basic, while BlitzMax is OO and has pretty much anything a proper language should have. (Sometimes I miss operator overloading.) And it has automatic memory management and that's really convenient. And it's got native libraries for DirectX, OpenGL, OpenAL, and a bunch of other stuff that's really useful. And there are wrappers out there for everything from Box2D to wxWidgets.

Blitz Basic was my first programming language, and BlitzMax came before I got really involved in C++ or anything so it's just what I got most used to, and what I can pump code out fastest with. It's also what all my personal libraries and engines and snippets I've written over the past several years are in so it'd be a pain to try any bigger personal projects in another language since every other aspect of it would require me to port something new.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2175 on: September 23, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »

I learned Smiley

Also, Today I created a broadphase for the particles (which have optional collisions, due to a legacy decision) in KAG, reducing the CPU overhead from them by some stupidly large margin.

I'm not sure when the previous "pick up coin" code was written, but it wasn't recently and it wasn't by me

It _was_ an uglier, OO version of "for all actors that should pickup particles, for all particles, if particle collides, check collision with me" - I say ugly and OO because this was lumped in with other component updates as part of CBlob::Update

Now it's a nice, data oriented "for all actors that should pickup particles, for nearby particles that collide (broadphase), check collision with me".

tjkopena
Level 0

Fortune favors the bold.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2176 on: September 25, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »

Today I made another demo of some recent developments in my library:

This is showing objects, bounds, and a tilemap interacting through the basic arcade physics components.  The green and grey chunks are an autotiled grid map, not objects in the same sense as the falling red boxes.

Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2177 on: September 29, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »

Finally got my new version of my map finished Smiley
It does everything a survival horror map should do! Marks locked doors, unsolved puzzles, and any items you have dropped. This took a while, it's a very large game, with a very large map - the mansion area shown is just a small part of it.

Supermassive_Quazar
Level 0

supermassivequazar.ca/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2178 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:03 AM »

My latest creation

A sweet, sweet song explaining a Banana Cupcake recipe.
Smiley

And it's called... "How To Make Banana Cupcakes"
https://soundcloud.com/supermassive-quazar/how-to-make-banana-cupcakes

Supermassive_Quazar
Level 0

supermassivequazar.ca/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2179 on: October 04, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »

I just finished another video for my Portfolio.
I've taken a gorgeous scene from Final Fantasy 8 to go along my sweet acoustic waltz "Village Downtown (Scene)".

Originally planned for the weird Freya dance (Final Fantasy 9, in Cleyra), but wasn't as visually interesting.
Plus the VIII Ballroom Scene works well in my view.

Hope you enjoy!
Don't forget that I'm available to make your game soundtracks if you like what you hear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yfoIjPO2Yk&feature=youtu.be

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic