Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:21:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 463303 times)
Supermassive_Quazar
Level 0

supermassivequazar.ca/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2180 on: October 10, 2013, 07:01:15 PM »

Here's a brand new video I did with a "anime-battle" type of song
Let me know what you think!
A Final Fantasy IX Video :

Available to make soundtracks to your projects!
Any type of gaming, I offer an incredible range and variety of music composition
I encourage you to check out my online Folio/Reel @ http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLztyfD4gn4OYYZNNYxd2ArNSdc5LgbDom

Enjoy, & talk soon!
_

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: October 13, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

Generic Unity Game #34512

Supermassive_Quazar
Level 0

supermassivequazar.ca/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2182 on: October 16, 2013, 06:37:12 AM »

...A new piece for my songwriting folio/reel :

Short and sweet

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: October 18, 2013, 08:15:11 PM »

Now it's isometric. Big Laff

Kekskiller
« Reply #2184 on: October 19, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »

That looks cool. As if someone put tiny pixel sprites into an isometric heightmap renderer.
Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2185 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

Designing levels with speed in mind is so difficult. You can put in several hours of work, all to see it breeze you by in just a few seconds. Sometimes I wonder if the player will even notice the scenery as it goes by. (Perhaps that's why the Sonic games are so universally reviled these days?)

That said, it's still a rush to play.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2186 on: October 21, 2013, 03:23:42 PM »

Some sort of kirby fangame?

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: October 21, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »

snip

Making games look pretty is something I love to do, and I sometimes ask myself is it really worth it because players don't understand all the effort I took to make it look a certain way. You have to realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so while it won't capture majority of your player's eyes, there will be a select few that will realize the work you put into it. Believe it or not, the player playing your game might not "appreciate" art on the level that you do, but that will still acknowledge it every time they play.
Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2188 on: October 21, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »

Some sort of kirby fangame?

Originally it was, back when I first made it around 10 years ago. I found it was still a fun play all this time later, so I decided to try and spruce it up a little bit more and to give it a proper release instead of just some forgettable tech demo.

That said, it was originally just cobbled together from whatever spare graphics I had lying around, so exactly how far I should go to de-kirbify it is kind of an open question. It doesn't necessary require a fully new graphic set, but at the same time it isn't openly aiming to be a fangame either. I dunno, really.

Making games look pretty is something I love to do, and I sometimes ask myself is it really worth it because players don't understand all the effort I took to make it look a certain way. You have to realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so while it won't capture majority of your player's eyes, there will be a select few that will realize the work you put into it. Believe it or not, the player playing your game might not "appreciate" art on the level that you do, but that will still acknowledge it every time they play.

It's not only just the art that makes me wonder about the essence of designing for speed, but also the design and flow of the level itself. (Especially because they need to be so much larger than usual.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:00:53 PM by Morroque » Logged
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2189 on: October 21, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »

If you want to release it any semblance of publicly, I've heard nintendo are assholes about IP infringement. Redesigning the hero and changing the power star transport thing might be a good idea.

Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2190 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »

If you want to release it any semblance of publicly, I've heard nintendo are assholes about IP infringement. Redesigning the hero and changing the power star transport thing might be a good idea.

Honestly speaking, I have no confidence of just about any of the graphics in this particular project, but it was always meant to be freeware.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2191 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »

freeware.
This actually hasn't stopped their lawyers taking something down before fwiw - that's why I said publicly, not commercially.

Re: art confidence, just keep at it. You'll improve with time and energy spent, and until then the art you've got there looks better than functional anyway.

Supermassive_Quazar
Level 0

supermassivequazar.ca/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2192 on: October 24, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »

"Take Me As I Am"

Take Me As I Am...
I Lost Myself In You...
Buried In The Sand...
Traveling Time, My Love Is Waiting...
Passing Through, My Love Is Aching...
Lose Myself In You...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssbKWIv38RI&feature=youtu.be

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2193 on: October 24, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »

I've been working on-and-off on a series of basic Unity tools. I've been designing and redesigning several of these tools for the past year. While I haven't gotten much done in the way of actual gameplay, what I've learned from the experience has been incredibly valuable. I feel like I'm finally grasping the component-based design principles that Unity employs.

I just finished a basic 2D UV frame tool, and now I'm adding an animation component. After that I'm going to finally get around to revisiting the lip-sync component.
Blambo
« Reply #2194 on: November 09, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »

baby gamemaker
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: November 09, 2013, 10:39:24 PM »

Now it's isometric. Big Laff

There's something really beautiful about this.  I'd definitely hang a print of it in my living room.
orseoste7o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 09, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »

Designing levels with speed in mind is so difficult. You can put in several hours of work, all to see it breeze you by in just a few seconds. Sometimes I wonder if the player will even notice the scenery as it goes by. (Perhaps that's why the Sonic games are so universally reviled these days?)

That said, it's still a rush to play.

Looks pretty fun to play, but i couldn't help but think there should be some better 'transition' from the platforms in space to the space itself. Like the platforms should have more noticeable edges. Just my 2 cents though Smiley
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: November 10, 2013, 09:54:43 AM »

handsome, blambo.

lampe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: November 12, 2013, 02:18:08 AM »

water started yesterday

lmao

that red square was an buttraging enemy