Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:52:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 463309 times)
golemshaper
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2240 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »

I created an AMP and Keytar for Vella.

Check out Two Brothers on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AckkStudios
And check out the DevLog here.
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2241 on: February 15, 2014, 11:33:18 PM »

I did a lot of field work today. Tiles can have scripts. They do stuff. It’s pretty rad.

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2242 on: February 16, 2014, 07:38:06 AM »

Human with laser eyes after a DNA mix:

The_White_Mamba
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »

I like it, what pixel size are your characters?
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2244 on: February 19, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »

Things added to ColorNinjas today include:
Disc trails:

Nuke trail particles:

"time stop" kind of effect upon end of round showcasing the cause:

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2245 on: February 19, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »

Bit early, aint it?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2246 on: February 20, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »

Bit early, aint it?
Yes, it was frame early.
Had to refactor some of code today to make it catch the exact moment of death:

Is the lack of an "a" after "killed by" bothering anyone else (apart of me)?

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »

Would love to see a slowdown when projectile gets real near like in the matrix , letting you avoid or explode into a gorry fest
Triturus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 20, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »

Is the lack of an "a" after "killed by" bothering anyone else (apart of me)?

Without an "a" sounds better, it's like "death by fire" and not "death by a fire".

Also the game looks very fun to play.
WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2249 on: February 21, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

I like it, what pixel size are your characters?

Sorry I didn't see your question (if that's me you're asking).
Robot 34X58 pixels.
Human: 8X18 pixels.

Artist: Robert Lopatto  http://rob-lopatto.blogspot.fr/

guycook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: February 21, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »

Today I got 'world-space' intersections working for my 2.5D sprite system. Basically now I don't have to worry about draw order of sprites and they should just render the parts of themselves that are closer to the camera than any other sprite they intersect.  ex:

Still a bit of z-fighting there but I probably won't fix it since the game won't feature much 'perfect geometry' like cubes
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2251 on: February 22, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »

Today I got 'world-space' intersections working for my 2.5D sprite system. Basically now I don't have to worry about draw order of sprites and they should just render the parts of themselves that are closer to the camera than any other sprite they intersect.  ex:
http://i.imgur.com/BKG4jgO.png

Still a bit of z-fighting there but I probably won't fix it since the game won't feature much 'perfect geometry' like cubes
Curiosity strikes me briefly - are you calculating polygon overlaps for this? It has been a while since I've tried to do something with pseudo-3d, but I recall that my last attempt didn't go too well.

Would love to see a slowdown when projectile gets real near like in the matrix , letting you avoid or explode into a gorry fest
While that'd be cool, the primary purpose of this effect is to answer "How did you even kill me?" kind of question. Matches rarely last for longer than a minute and speed adjustments stand for an extra trouble with online multi-player being one of core points in the game.
Without an "a" sounds better, it's like "death by fire" and not "death by a fire".

Also the game looks very fun to play.
Thanks! My thoughts were turned towards an "a" since a specific "instance of cause of death" could be seen - effect is almost telling you "here's that shark that killed you". I suppose I'll leave it as-is then.

Also testing whether I could add some background tiles to add some scenery variety without sacrificing anything:

What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:07:02 AM by YellowAfterlife » Logged

guycook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 22, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »

Curiosity strikes me briefly - are you calculating polygon overlaps for this? It has been a while since I've tried to do something with pseudo-3d, but I recall that my last attempt didn't go too well.

There's no specific polygon information stored (ie, this sprite doesn't know it's a cube). Instead each sprite is made of some metadata (scale, origin, framerate etc) + a sheet of frames where each frame looks something like this:

(diffuse/normal/world)

When 2 sprites overlap in screen space, each one maps the others world space info into its own local space and uses that to determine which is closer to the camera on a per-pixel basis.

It's a complicated and maybe over-engineered way to do it but I'm trying to use QML without C++ as much as possible for this project which unfortunately means a) no depth-buffer access in shaders and b) no control over draw-order for sprites.

PS. I'm getting flashbacks to Liero looking at those ninja gifs which can only be a good thing
Shadowspaz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2253 on: February 24, 2014, 01:10:21 PM »

Today, I made this gif!

This is the process I run to procedurally generate basic areas for top-down games. Kinda reminds me of farmland...

It generates it based off the player location, and eventually, I want to add random houses with procedural interiors, but that's gonna take a fair bit of work, and I'm already REALLY off track with what my current game project will use. So now that I've been properly derailed by this engine, it's time to work on something more productive. lol

Check out my devlog!
Samuelboucher
Level 0

The only way out is through

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2254 on: February 24, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »

Suspended carpets..!

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2255 on: February 25, 2014, 05:47:59 PM »

Also testing whether I could add some background tiles to add some scenery variety without sacrificing anything:

What do you think?

I think that looks fantastic. The player and the power-up box thing could use drop shadows, though. Maybe the right side of walls, too.

I made a tool to view DOOM maps like they appear in the in-game automap.
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2256 on: February 26, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »

Thanks! My thoughts were turned towards an "a" since a specific "instance of cause of death" could be seen - effect is almost telling you "here's that shark that killed you". I suppose I'll leave it as-is then.

What do you think?

Looking real good, would be great to see this new art in a gif format so we can see if it detracts while moving or not, but i'd be surprised if it does detract Smiley

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2257 on: February 27, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »

...A crappy music sketch Wink

ColorNinjas looks very cool by the way!  The disc is making me think of Tron Deadly Discs - Which I still play..!

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »

snip

Cloth Physics if you really want to sell it.
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2259 on: March 07, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »

Added chat to my online multiplayer variant of Spelunky Classic:

Technically I've also spent two hours playing 5 different versions of the game to verify that one of bugs isn't of my own fault. Is that called "researching"?

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic