Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:47:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioGlobal Game Jam 2016!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Global Game Jam 2016!  (Read 662 times)
FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:39:56 PM »

I finally got the nerve to participate this year, and WOAH it was a lot of fun. Wrote a lot of music too, and it's now up on my Soundcloud!

You can click here to give it a listen.

-Felix

Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:50:54 PM »

Great, I was hoping someone would've started a thread like this when I woke up! I'll definitely check out your music once I get back from work, Felix.

Hopefully others will chime in and share their music, too; I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have brewed this weekend! Grin

TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:07:58 PM »

I'm bummed I had to miss this GGJ-- our local site is usually pretty active and social, and they tend to be short on audio people. Ahh well, I got lots of work done at least!

Looking forward to seeing what everybody did!

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »

I didn't get a chance to participate, definitely my loss  Embarrassed
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 01:51:56 AM »

Hey I participated also and did music and sounds for this game: (not for children :p)

http://globalgamejam.org/2016/games/goatening

You can find the music here:

https://soundcloud.com/danielpellicer/the-goatening

Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:05:00 AM »

Oh my--Felix, you've been productive! You wrote for five games? Nice one! The organ section of Descension is pretty neat and I particularly love the dark ambient mood of the Ritual tracks. Great job, especially since this is your first GGJ!

Also nice work on The Goatening, Daniel. Grin Good choice of instruments; that's some heretic stuff right there!

My team's made a game about a ritual I'm sure many of us are familiar with: configuring your settings before starting your epic in-game journey! Music can be found in this Soundcloud playlist, with some sound effects in this playlist. Grin

FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:44 AM »

Oh my--Felix, you've been productive! You wrote for five games? Nice one! The organ section of Descension is pretty neat and I particularly love the dark ambient mood of the Ritual tracks. Great job, especially since this is your first GGJ!

Aw shucks, thanks! Honestly the whole event helped me destroy all these big mental barriers I've set up for myself - sometimes I'll find myself not working on a new project for a month or two, and having to do music for five games, complete or not, was really therapeutic, hahaha.

And great work on The Goatening, Daniel! I gave it a listen just now, I love the percussion sounds!

-Felix

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 08:08:37 AM »

Been hearing you guys post all your hubbubaloo on soundcloud.

Man, you guys have done great work! I feel even more like a boob for missing out, haha. I definitely plan on playing the games you guys wrote for. Hopefully they were finished in time.

Did any of you write music for games that didn't meet the deadline?

FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 08:20:10 AM »

Did any of you write music for games that didn't meet the deadline?

That's pretty much all the games, save for Are You Yeti? Hahaha. I'm not too upset though - I got to go completely overboard with music ideas and styles, so i was still fun.

-Felix

CBStegeman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 09:19:11 AM »

Fun! Felix, that's really impressive that you did all that music. I would have loved to have worked on more than one game for GGJ, but I always worry about spreading myself too thin.

My team did an Oculus Rift horror game where you have to fend off nefarious masks flying through the mist. My first time doing a VR game. Here's video:

And here are a couple tracks: https://soundcloud.com/cbsteg/sets/gashna-ost

GGJ is great, everybody should always make sure to make time to do it!
Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:23 PM »

My team did an AR game that was about rolling dice. You'd hold your phone camera over the game's physical objects & it would parse them and draw models over em, which I'd never seen before, fascinating tech. I helped out with a bunch of elements of the game, and because of the medium we just took the music I did & looped it at our demo table like a carnival song.

http://rawrsoft.itch.io/potions-101

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic