Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:29:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[PC] STARDROP - SP Adventure and Exploration Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PC] STARDROP - SP Adventure and Exploration Game  (Read 350 times)
Joure
Level 0

V for VEKTRA

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:35:07 AM »

Hello
My name is Joure and I started the game about 6 months ago. I was at the time employed at Monochrome but it was time for me to start my own journey and make a game that's close to my heart. I greatly enjoy single player games and I feel they're a dying breed sometimes. With single player I mean story driven games. So I am aiming as high as possible to deliver a unique experience and I have put a lot of effort in finding the right Voice Actors. They are the stars of the show after all. Wink

I'm at the point where I've built up a small little indie dev team and we're starting to really get things done. I'm super psyched to be working with these amazing individuals and I am proud to show the game.

I'm also here to hopefully get some feedback from some of you guys. It's nice to have a place where other devs roam around who can offer some more insightful advice or commentary. The game I created is called STARDROP. It's a single player narrative driven adventure and exploration game. I have a summary written up here that offers some more background information regarding the story and the universe itself:

STORY:
In the distant future space travel, exploration and exportation is a booming industry. Ranging from mining, colonizing and commerce. Despite best intentions accidents still happen and sometimes ships get lost.

This resulted in the creation of a Salvage and Rescue Operations Industry. Aryn Vance runs her own small time operation and has grown quite renowned for being able to find ships where others could not. She operates her business alongside John Kindley. A long time friend and business partner. The two of them make for a great team as they seek out long lost vessels or ships that need to be rescued.

One evening John receives a tip about the location of an unspecified spaceship. As the two set out to embark on what would be a typical operation, they will soon find out just how rare their discovery actually is.

STARDROP is a narrative based adventure and exploration game where the narrative is at the forefront followed with the excitement of exploration and adventure. The game tells an intimate story about what it means to loose the ones you love while finding friendship in the last place you’d expect.

Aryn will have to solve situational and environmental puzzles along the way while the story slowly unfolds. The game takes place on board a small selection of spacecrafts and it’s up to the player to explore them all...

Features:

• Narrative based exploration.
  • Explore two derelict space ships.
  • Explore the Aryns own ship.
  • Use Aryns suit and the built-in abilities to navigate the ships.
  • Solve puzzles and discover secrets.
  • Experience am intimate story set in a Sci-Fi environment.

About STARDROP
The game is set on board of a total of three planned ships and they all are tied into the story. The first is the player's own ship, then there's the dropship that leads to the main shit, the actual STARDROP. Now before I write even more I'll just link you guys to my IndieDB page with a lot more media and the main website itself.

I have a complete walk-through of the demo that you can watch, or, if you so desire, wait a little bit longer and play the game in person. (I highly recommend the latter, but I know most would prefer to see something beforehand.)

Click on the image to head over to my YouTube Video

Well, that's it for now and thanks for your time. Wish you guys all the best, as I've seen some cool stuff already.

Links

STARDROP
IndieDB

Media

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:57:40 AM by Joure » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic