Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:48:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessLooking for a Pixel artist to help make games as a hobby
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Pixel artist to help make games as a hobby  (Read 496 times)
freeb
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:44:53 AM »

Hi,

I've started to get into game development as a hobby and I'm finally going to be able to create an idea i've had in my head for years. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in collaborating with me to create the final product. Once the game is complete I am going to buy a greenlight application and see if we can get it on Greenlight, which would be so freaking awesome! And if we do get to that stage all profits (however small) will be split between us equally. First and foremost this is a hobby project. I want it to be fun and casual whilst working on it.

I'm using Construct 2 to make the game, it will allow the game to be built a lot quicker than it would be otherwise, I'm in my final university year and I also work as a web developer at the weekends so being able to develop stuff quick is great. I've got a teamspeak server,Skype and I'm based in the UK.

The idea

Genre: Turn-based, Survival, Strategy, Side-Scroller

I've made a little teaser intro to the game which will most likely be played on startup. http://detritus.tfreeb.com/

Its set on an alien planet that is almost entirely covered by a thick dense jungle. Your ship crash lands on the planet and you must eek out a living and survive amidst a hostile land. The aim of the game is to get back off the planet. But in order to do that you must explore the hostile environment and uncover the secrets of a long lost alien race.

I was planning on having it where you expend energy to do tasks, such as exploring, scavenging and so-on, there will be tons and tons of craftable items and initially you will only be able to create really primitive tools such as spears and such, but as you progress you will be able to create more advanced things, you might even find an alien weapon or two.

As you leave the confines of your camp and travel further and further away you'll encounter weirder and more dangerous enemies, Tribes, Animals and Even creepy Cave creatures (Think of the canyon scene in peter jacksons king kong).

I've done some pixel art myself but I'm really bad at it, and I definitely appreciate all of the work that goes into making things.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic