Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:32:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingArtificer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artificer  (Read 647 times)
DT Softworks
Level 0

To contact me on skype add: dazzytech_dtdigital

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:37:25 PM »

Looking for feedback for Artificer, download here: http://dtdigital.itch.io/artificer

About the Game
Artificer is a top-down 2D space shooter for PC. It is a competitive shooter – multiplayer or single player – in an arena setting or with simple objectives (e.g. destroy or defend stations, and capture points). Freely customize your ship with the ship editor or build a completely new ship to your own specifications and watch your enemy crafts break apart and drift into space blown apart by a selection of plethora of weapons available to you. Manoeuvre and defend yourself with energy shield modules to ensure you do not share a similar fate, or even use warp capability to instantly transport from one part of space to the other.

Key Features
•   Ships are a collection of ship components that are entirely customizable with user friendly in-game ship editor interfaces.
•   Three-tiered progression component rosters with different functionality that enable for versatile ship builds.
•   Tactical or skill based combat system dependant on the individual ship build.
•   Location based damage system, each component is able to withstand limited damage. Once enough damage has accumulated the piece will be destroyed and drift away.
•   Mine resources to construct ships, these can be gained from destroying drifting components and asteroid that litter space.
•   Single player and multiplayer combat

Currently you are able to accept one contract, and have a choice of two ships. The main thing I'm looking for is for the duration of the first mission - does it feel boring or like a chore or do you enjoy it?

Thanks!

There are bug I'm aware and will soon fix including:

- Game crashing on 2nd playthrough (something to do with spawners

- ship selector not highlighting current ship with fresh player data

- Clearing player data through UI will create duplicate ships in the ship selector.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:26:25 PM by DTDigital » Logged

DT Softworks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »

- Added a new contract type: Attrition.

- Updated HUD

- Added ship construction feature, you can now change existing ships or build a new ship.

DT Softworks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »

- Added multiple projectiles

- Added Rockets

- Added Shields

DT Softworks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 07:32:35 AM »

Game now added to Greenlight

(Greenlight Trailer)

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »

Nowhere have you explained what your game is including the greenlight trailer. Add in some text saying what is happening so people who aren't you understand what the concept is. It seems like you build a ship and then fight other ships. Are you collecting parts? Are there levels? Different locations? Is the player even controlling the ship during combat? Players don't want to have to work to understand your game after watching your trailer in my experience. A voice over and or some text in your trailer would go a long way to getting people interested. Even just a better paragraph explaining your game would be a big help.

DT Softworks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 04:24:11 PM »

Aha, you're completely right.

Just been so caught up I mostly have time to post links.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic