Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411513 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 12:28:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work3D Modeller / Texture Artist for Remnant [greenlit]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3D Modeller / Texture Artist for Remnant [greenlit]  (Read 476 times)
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »

I'm looking for a 3D modeller / texture artist to create the ships for my greenlit 4X strategy game Remnant.

You'll be tasked with creating one ship to start, and if everything works out, hired on to create all of the ships for the game.

Modular Concept

Each ship in Remnant is constructed from swappable modules of the following base types: Primary Weapon System, Secondary Weapon System, Tactical System, Utility System and the Engine.  Here's an animated gif to help illustrate:

You'll be responsible for designing a ship that allows for each module to be swapped with another module of the same type to create key visual differences that allows the player to identify the strategic threat of each vessel they're engaging in combat.

Here's the list of modules you'll be tasked with creating:

Primary Weapon System
 - Particle Cannon or Railgun, whichever you find will be more visually striking (long range)
 - Missile Launcher System (medium range)
 - Beam Weapon System (short range)

Secondary Weapon System
 - Kinetic Turret Array, classic projectile based turrets arranged around the module
 - Rocket Launcher System, something like submarine torpoedo tubes maybe?
 - Repair "Turrets", will fire beams that repair friendly ships

Tactical Systems
 - "Bubble Shield" module, projects a spherical shield that intercepts incoming projectiles
 - "Flares" module, launches countermeasures to distract enemy projectiles and targeting systems
 - "Jamming" module, prevents enemy ships from using their abilities

Utility Systems
 - Engine module, increases the movement speed of the craft
 - Reactor module, increases the recharge rate of ship abilities
 - Cargo module, expands ships carrying capacity

Engine (always the same)

It's entirely up to you how these modules are arranged around the ship.  The example gif above placed them front-to-back but you have only your creativity as a limitation.  I'm interested primarily in the ships being visually striking, not necessarily streamlined or "realistic".

You'll also be responsible for creating the "secondary" models required: turrets, rockets, missiles, any sort of bay doors that open / close depending on the hull design.

Texturing

Photorealism is desired with PBR experience a plus.  The colour scheme of each ship will make use of whites / greys / blacks as a base colour with a customizable paint scheme unique to each player (something like how RTS units colourize for each player).  I'd also like a few locations for faction specific emblems to be placed (you're not responsible for creating those).

Contact

Here's a zip containing ship designs that I find visually interesting, along with colour scheme ideas and the modular example.

Please contact me with your portfolio, how much you'd charge for a complete ship as discussed above and a bit about yourself: [email protected]

Experience with Unity is a big plus.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic