Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:53:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSpace Ships & Tractor Beams now on Greenlight!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Ships & Tractor Beams now on Greenlight!  (Read 503 times)
ChaosTrend
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2016, 02:43:24 AM »

I am proud to announce our new game that is currently in development; Space Ships & Tractor Beams. The game is now on Steam Greenlight, please vote if it looks like something you would like to play.

Greenlight Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=599594375

NEW VIDEO LINK - 29/02/16

Video Link:

Quick Overview
Inspired by games I used to play as a kid in the 80’s like Lunar Lander, Thrust and Jet Pack. Good old fashioned gravity based 2D game play, with some RPG elements and progression. Fly your spaceship from system to system, taking jobs to earn cash which will allow you to buy new ships, upgrades and items. Become the greatest space pilot of all time and amass the largest fleet of ships in the galaxy!

I am writing this game by myself but will try to post updates as often as possible.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:27:51 AM by ChaosTrend » Logged
ChaosTrend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 03:14:47 PM »

I have been doing some work to the ships and the procedural nebula system today. I have all the nebula lit (normal mapped) by point lights and emissive glow areas. It is still in early stages, but once I have consolidated the colour themes it won't look quite so festive.  Grin

Enough talk, lets show some pictures.

ChaosTrend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:26:59 AM »

New video link in first post, will do all the updates there so people don't have to scroll.

Link:

Smiley
ChaosTrend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »

Quick video showing how powered objects work in SSTB

Link:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic