Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:41:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWorld In Danger - 2D retro style action game (demo inside) looking for feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: World In Danger - 2D retro style action game (demo inside) looking for feedback  (Read 469 times)
Colt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:51:54 AM »

This is a project I’ve been working on and now I’m ready to publicly share what was been accomplished so far. To that end I’ve prepared a demo version for which I hope to get some feedback. After test playing it over and over again myself, it is hard to determine if for example the game is too hard or too easy and more importantly, will others find it fun to play?

First, allow me to briefly describe the game and showcase a trailer with ingame footage. Followed by a link to the demo version playable on PC.

Click here to watch the trailer on youtube

World In Danger is a top down action game with stealth elements, similar to classic such as "Metal Gear" and "Legend Of Zelda". Embark on missions across the globe, taking out groups of enemies, rescuing hostages, disarming bombs and more. Face the unique and challenging boss fights the player encounters as the story unravels.
It is being developed for Windows(PC), MacOS(Mac) and mobile platforms (Android and iOS)

For more in-depth information and screenshots, visit: http://worldindanger.coltgames.com

The demo

To download the demo, visit: http://worldindanger.coltgames.com/media.html , click the download button and follow the install instruction described on the download page (a very simply unzip and click executable)

The demo features the first few levels of the game, including the first boss fight and an optional (but recommended) tutorial. It also includes the full version of free roam mode, where you can explore the lead character’s main base of operations and meet the crew working there. And the custom mission mode, where you can select any of the available levels and customize your own mission.

It fully supports the Xbox360 PC controller and allows you to play the game as a twin-stick shooter.

The game has two different game mode, "Challenge" and "Casual". The intended way to play is "Challenge", feel free to try the other mode(s) and see if they hold up to their description.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE:
Keep in mind, this is still an early version of the game. Errors and bugs can be present. Music aside from the main theme is subject to change, as is the majority of the sound effects. If you do come across any bugs or errors, please let me know, e-mail me at [email protected]

Download and (hopefully) enjoy the demo and please leave some feedback. Was the game too hard/easy? Help me balance it out. Does the story make sense, do you consider it interesting enough to want to keep playing? And most importantly, was it fun to play?

Thank you for your time. Noir
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic