Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:45:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesKanye West's “Only One: The Game”
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Kanye West's “Only One: The Game”  (Read 4331 times)
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »

Hey, this one actually looks fun
NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 10:48:12 AM »

it's funny how people already have *strong opinions* about this game despite nearly nothing being known about it.

The Internet

No kidding huh.

I imagine we're gonna be seeing a lot of this in the future.  Celebrity X resolves to take a stab at the ol' childhood dream of making their own game - Media circles and spits out embarrassing details as they see fit - Sides are taken - Game is released to an already polarized audience - Manufactured drama - Sales - $$$ - Rinse - Repeat...

Sometimes I swear it seems like people are trying to insert the old 'tabloid' type of coverage into the games industry.  "Kanye West does silly thing! news at 11!", I personally would like to see one of those super obvious bullshit type news outlets emerge based entirely around video games.  "Batboy emerges from keyboard and consumes indie dev during polish phase! Shocking details inside!"

Honest thoughts about the game :  I dunno...I think that sun/portal towards the end looked pretty snazzy.  Who knows it could be a fun game, time will tell I guess.

It still cracks me up to picture this guy roaming around San Fransisco getting shot down repeatedly and not realizing why.

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »

Because a thread full of "Yeah... uhhh.. I don't really know" is certainly an interesting insight.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 12:57:27 PM »

are you suggesting strong uninformed opinions somehow provide insight into something other than how boring the poster is

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »

i didn't mean to like, attack anyone in this thread. it was just meant as a humorous observation. Tongue

im also guilty of forming uninformed opinions and posting about em on the internet fwiw
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 01:10:58 PM »

reminds me that Sylvester Stallone was a painter too.
MrBones
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 02:36:26 PM »

I'm a big Kanye fan, even if he can be a complete ass sometimes and make a fool of himself. Late Registration is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I've closely followed his work.

I appreciate the work he put into this, and I'll look forward to seeing how it does. I heard that originally he wanted to be a game developer before he got involved with music at a young age, so that's interesting.

On a similar note, Kanye just does not seem well lately. Even Rhymefest agreed in an interview that he thinks Kanye is mentally ill. I know he was under a lot of stress around the MBDTF release because of his mother's death, but he seems a lot worse now. Especially if you follow him on twitter, you'll notice something just seems...off. I'm sure he's under a ton of stress, but I hope things get better for him.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 03:07:20 PM »

So all visual material for this game is this short trailer, so far? No gameplay mechanics are shown? Not much to talk about.  Shrug
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »

On a similar note, Kanye just does not seem well lately. Even Rhymefest agreed in an interview that he thinks Kanye is mentally ill. I know he was under a lot of stress around the MBDTF release because of his mother's death, but he seems a lot worse now. Especially if you follow him on twitter, you'll notice something just seems...off. I'm sure he's under a ton of stress, but I hope things get better for him.
Yeah, the whirlwind release of "The Life of Pablo" these past few days really has me concerned tbh
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 12:37:20 AM »

i didn't mean to like, attack anyone in this thread. it was just meant as a humorous observation. Tongue

you're getting it buddy, you asked for it

What do you guys mean by mentally ill? Just because artists do some crazy stuff, especially under stress, doesn't necessarily mean they're ill. It's like when you put a baby into a bath tub and let your hallucination friend take care of it. Is that what you mean?

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 09:12:41 PM »

i'm just going to say "gay fish" because i don't know what kanye west is but there was that episode of south park that one time from a million years ago i guess

i am the internet

I've always thought he seemed kind of autism spectrumy (a lot of his assholish moments struck me as less malicious and more lacking in social empathy/lack of an understanding of social norms) and like he's always kind of hovered around that point, also usual hiphop braggadocio, but yeah the last month or two of news I've seen involving him have made him seem really paranoid/genuinely out of touch with reality?

-- edit --

Of course, possibility 2 is that he's totally fine and the /mental breakdown/ is some kind of deliberate marketing gimmick or Grammy shenanigans.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:21:31 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

Dragonmaw
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »

I stumbled across this little gem this morning...

Awkwardly, Kanye explained that he had trouble getting this game made:

That’s not easy to do, man! Y’all just be acting like that s*it is regular. No, you don’t understand. I go out and meet with everybody in San Fran, and they’ll diss the f*ck out of me. And I’ll be like, "I wanna make a game," and they’ll be like, "F*CK YOU." That was hard to do, bro!

I have no idea how big the intersection between Kanye West fans and gamers is, but apparently Kanye had trouble finding a developer who thought it was big enough to invest their time in.

Kanye West on the difficulties of game development 2016.

The thing that makes this extra funny is that apparently he didn't even visit game devs. He apparently went around to random tech companies saying "hey make my game" and they kept turning him down because they don't make games.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 09:00:05 AM »

maybe he was one of those random guys who post in the collab forum and awkwardly asked for a team to make his game
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »

The thing that makes this extra funny is that apparently he didn't even visit game devs. He apparently went around to random tech companies saying "hey make my game" and they kept turning him down because they don't make games.

Kanye West: Millionaire Rapper, Producer and Idea Guy
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 03:48:59 PM »

He did his Kanye Best
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »

I honestly don't understand why people hate on this guy at all.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2016, 04:07:12 PM »

because he has an ego and is honest about it/bad at hiding it, unlike most other people in the pop biz.
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 04:08:55 PM »

didn't that used to come expected from celebrities?

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »

I honestly don't understand why people hate on this guy at all.
He has been doing some p shitty/shady stuff re:his newest album release, but yeah, I totally agree the hate is totally disproportionate to his actual actions. People just love to hate him because it's easy/popular to shit on him and harder for people to actually listen to his stuff and consider that he might be an actually good, important musician.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »

the funniest thing to me is the outrage over his behavior at the grammys. last i checked, the grammys were an incredibly dull and irrelevant music industry circlejerk. kanye making them marginally more entertaining should be applauded if anything. are we really going to criticize someone for taking a dump in a toilet??
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic