Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:03:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMeteoz - Surviving a meteor field!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Meteoz - Surviving a meteor field!  (Read 499 times)
Gabahulk
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:12:42 AM »

Hello!
Meteoz is a casual game about dodging meteors inside a meteor field!

I've been working on this casual game for the past month and would love to hear what you guys have to say, here is the alpha link to the google play: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.Eureka.Meteorz

Here's a youtube teaser: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8LTHP1Hu6TE
And a screenshot:

Thank you for your time!
RLofC
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »

Hi Gabahulk,

I played Meteorz and I really liked the feel and action. I have a few suggestions though, sorted by priority IMO:

1. Controls
I think this is the most important one. The spaceship chases my finger and at somepoint becomes obstructed. This is an uncomfortable control scheme. Will it be possible to use a sliding scheme that allows the player to use say, the lower part of the screen only? So I would place my finger on the lower-left side of my screen and once my finger is placed, it will "center" my controls and from then one I can move slightly left, right, up or down and the ship will move to the direction of my gesture, not to the point of touch. I think this can make a huge difference for the game.

2. Story
This is optional, but I think a little bit of background on why I need to survive the meteors will be nice. This does not have to be super explicit. sometimes, even just an intro screen can tell or hint on a story.

3. UI layout
In some instances I felt the UI layout is not ideal in terms of how information is placed on screen. One example is when the game ends. I will try to see if I can come up with more concrete advise on this.

This is definitely a game I would keep on my device for casual play. BTW: what did you use to write it with?

Gabahulk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:27:47 PM »

Hi RLofC!

Thank you for your feedback!  Gomez
Controls have been a somewhat common complain. The problem is that I'm actually pretty stubborn against emulating gamepads on mobile... I'll give it a shot though...
About the story, It'll be done. I'm just focusing on gameplay for now.
The UI is my weakest spot I think, I can see it's not great, but I can't point it out why, so any suggestions are immensely appreciated!

I wrote it with Unity + C# !

Thanks again!
ooku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:41:23 AM »

Hi Gabahulk,

thanks for your feedback on oOku!

Meteoz looks fun and I like the trailer with the space odyssey "soundtrack"
unfortunately I don't have an android device to test it.
or do you have other builds?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic