Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:04:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsGreenlit game needing (pixel) animator.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Greenlit game needing (pixel) animator.  (Read 564 times)
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2016, 01:15:35 AM »

Our game Healing Process: Tokyo has been greenlit and we hope to sell it in Winter this year, if possible.
You can see the Steam Greenlight page here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=515113823

Our previous pixel artist / animator has left our team, due to not being able to deal with the workload. This means we are in need of a pixel animator to deal with the animation of monsters and players (side scrolling style). Obviously this is a great chance to have a role in a game released on Steam.

We also need one animation of the main character running in not 4, not 8, but 16 directions! This may seem strange, but it's necessary.

Here's one of the levels I have designed for the game (Imagine Final Fantasy 7/8/9 style roaming):

If you are interested in this role, please E-mail me at [email protected] with your animation portfolio, or PM me here. We will talk business.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:02:55 AM by SamLewisJones » Logged

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 02:17:32 AM »

We also need one animation of the main character running in not 4, not 8, but 16 directions! This may seem strange, but it's necessary.

Pretty strange! It looks like the thing you really want a 3D character if you need more than 8 directions. Why is it necessary?

Sorry for spamming this topic, good luck finding someone. Smiley
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »

Pretty strange! It looks like the thing you really want a 3D character if you need more than 8 directions. Why is it necessary?

Sorry for spamming this topic, good luck finding someone. Smiley

Look at the level above. It's pixel art. Now imagine you are moving around it with a pixel art character in the style of Final Fantasy 8 with a controller... if the main character only runs in 8 directions, that won't look good will it? Imagine you're running at a 60 degree angle but the animation is for right, or down-right. It wouldn't look good at all. We need it to be more detailed. It's only for the main character... so I don't think it warrants making the whole game in 3D when we want to make a pixel art game.

This way allows me not to worry about how I design the levels (so I don't have to think 'oh does this road look good when he's running at a 22.5 degree angle? (up-right)). I can make roads that go basically any angle and our character will be able to run that way without looking out of place.

Basically what you're saying is 'why are you trying to do something that's not been done before?'.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:48:42 PM by SamLewisJones » Logged

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
matwek
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:22:41 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Final Fantasy 8 use the D-pad for control? Therefor no more that 8 directions.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic