Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412053 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: Exye

June 22, 2024, 06:30:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSome Questions About 6DAS [Spoilers Ahoy]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Some Questions About 6DAS [Spoilers Ahoy]  (Read 2302 times)
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »

I just finished six days a sacrifice and I don't understand a few thing.
1. Why didn't Cabadath just kill Theodore?
2. Where did the bomb come from?
3. Why did Cabadath kill Janine?
4. Why did Janine fear Trilby and dress up like John Defoe (I originally thought she would turn out to be the embodiment of his mind or something)
5. Did Malcolm kill the crew or was it John?
If anybody could answer these that's be great.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:35:38 PM by Tuna Unleashed » Logged

Lo
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »

*rubs hands*

1. He tried. But the "man in red" prevented that, maybe more than once. He KNEW what Chzo was planning and his job was it to see to it that it happens (not because he supports Chzo, but because that is what HAS to happen). Remember the scene where Theo met himself and he said "No, YOU stop pretending to be me" (something like that). The Tall Man wanted to be what Chzo wanted to be Theo.

2. I think the cult placed it there, on orders of The Prince, who was in turn acting on orders of Chzo (when he was, he followed both his master AND his own agenda). Chzo planned this all along. The Prince probably only caught on later on. I mean, the body, mind and soul of the bridgekeeper (John) had to be destroyed. Tribly destroyed his body, and Malcolm his soul. The bomb was there to destroy his mind, which was (thanks to Trilby) inside the building AND spreading throughout the landscape. The Trilby guards where likely there so John couldn't spread further uncontrollably. Which on the other hand Cabadath was supporting by killing all the Trilbies. He knew that the more John spreads, the less likely the bridge will be created and the less likely.

3. I'm not really sure. On the one hand she HAD to be killed so Theo would be purified and the bridge be created, on the other hand that is EXACTLY what Cabadath didn't want to happen. Maybe she was distracting John a bit and had to be removed. Or maybe the Tall Man didn't even intend to kill HER, but just happened to do so.

4. She WAS pretty much an embodiment of his mind. I can't really explain why though. Maybe I had a theory of this once, but it's been ages since I've theorized about that game on their forums. That's why she feared Tribly, dressed up as him AND mentioned that for her the corridors always looked like the cellar.

5. I'm pretty confident it was for the most part John (through the captain, most likely) and the doctor guy, who seemed to be possessed similarly to Janine later on. What we saw when Malcolm stabbed himself was mostly what John saw through his own eyes. For him, as mentioned in 5DAS, all people look the same and that's most likely apron + welding mask (because that's what the father was wearing when he beat him, or at least the apron).
Although, personally, I don't think the events of 5DAS and 7DAS should be analyzed too closely. I really don't think Yahtzee had the whole Chzo saga made up in his mind there already. At that point it was really just "5DAS in space".
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »

Most of that makes sense. But for 3 thats what I meant. If Cabadath wanted to stop it, why would he provide him with one of the agonies. Also, he had ample opportunity to kill him when he killed Janine and when Theo was in the mansion (he had no problem killing the trilbies).

Also, for 4. how could she be an embodiment of his mind when A) thats what the mansion was supposed to be and B) she had nothing to do with John beforehand. My personal theory is that she was more easily tainted by John Defoe's influence than anyone else (its not like John actually changed the bunker into a dungeon, he just slowly seeped his way into people's minds)

Lo
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »

This all assumes Cabbie knew what was going to happen to him.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »

He obviously did because he killed all the trilbies and disarmed the bomb.

Lo
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »

He probably knew right from the beginning. He was always just the "Arrogant Man" and never actually pure.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »

Oh yeah, one other thing. How did Simone die?

Lo
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »

Oh yeah, one other thing. How did Simone die?

I think the books said something about John and Cabadath doing it. I'd say some bloke got hold of the idol and did it. Tribly was still supposed to be the guide, so maybe they tried to purify him and make him join the cult.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »

3. I'm not really sure. On the one hand she HAD to be killed so Theo would be purified and the bridge be created, on the other hand that is EXACTLY what Cabadath didn't want to happen. Maybe she was distracting John a bit and had to be removed. Or maybe the Tall Man didn't even intend to kill HER, but just happened to do so.
It's about that "blessed agonies" stuff. Something like, that both the mind the body and the soul have to experience great loss/pain or something like, and Dacabe had to go trough them, like the cultists. Losing Janine was the loss of the the soul I think, so this is why the Tall Man killed her.

5. Did Malcolm kill the crew or was it John?
Malcolm killed noone, but the original Jonathan Sommerset. I think Yahtzee also confirmed that in the SE of 7DAS.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »

It's about that "blessed agonies" stuff. Something like, that both the mind the body and the soul have to experience great loss/pain or something like, and Dacabe had to go trough them, like the cultists. Losing Janine was the loss of the the soul I think, so this is why the Tall Man killed her.
But why, when throughout the entire game he was trying to stop dacabe from becoming the new prince?

Lo
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

My interpretation of that game, mostly of Cabadath's intentions are quite different. But I played the game more than a year ago I'd say, so I might remember everything wrong.

I understood that all of that, starting the cult, creating the bridge, was all part of Cabadath's plan, not Chzo. Cabdath, being the arrogant man, made his own plans, to bring Chzo to this world. In the end the plan backfires, and instead of Chzo crossing to this world, it replaces Cabadath with Theo/Defoe. When it saw Cabadath's plan happening, it replaced him because of the same arrogance he had shown when he summoned it.

Thus, Cabadath kills the clones not to spread Defoe, but so that they don't interfere with his own agenda. They where useful in an earlier stage, but not anymore. And he might have taken it quite personal on Trilby.

My principal point to see it this way, is that nothing points Chzo interfering or even having anything to do with the cult, besides being it's deity. From Trilby Notes, it seems like the cult was only Cabadath's idea, and he seem's to be giving the cultists all the orders and guidance, independent from Chzo. And considering the kind of entity Chzo is, I wouldn't say it tends to interfere in anything. And considering the alternate space where it resides, I wouldn't say it can interfere.

Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »

But why, when throughout the entire game he was trying to stop dacabe from becoming the new prince?
Uhm, dunno. Shrug

So how was this thing after all?
- Cabadath became the Prince and started to strike down people who hurts the tree (the container of his soul and mind) on every 28th of July.
- He doesn't kill Frehorn, and Frehorn creates the cult, which follows Cabadath.
- Cabadath's plan is to create a bridge between the two worlds, and he tries to organize this event via the cult, and also by transforming John Defoe to a leech he commands to.
- Cabadath realises that Chzo doesn't want to visit the world of technology but a new prince, so the Tall Man tries to stop his own plan, but thanks to the Caretaker (Sommerset) he fails, and Chzo teleports Dacabe/Defoe to his realm.

Am I get it right? And if yes, then why Cabadath wanted to bring Chzo to the land of technology? I don't get it.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 05:56:34 AM »

He and the cult thought chzo would purify the realm of technology, when all he wanted was a new prince.

Lo
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 07:24:19 AM »

Yeah pretty much. I feel Cabbadath wasn't fully aware that Chzo wouldn't survive very long outside the Realm of Magick, and Chzo was getting very tired of his Prince's arrogance and stupidity. So when the work of the cult during Trilby's Notes failed, he devised a scheme where he would get a new succesor for Cabbadath.

Cabbadath played all along with the plan not knowing the true intentions of his King, until it was too late. He probably killed the Trilbys because it stimulated John's mind, keeping it in a perpetual state of euphoria, until the time was right to open the bridge.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic