Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:56:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHiraeth - Thank you for your support
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Hiraeth - Thank you for your support  (Read 16755 times)
migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2016, 10:29:18 AM »

Hey Gang; more video capture!!!  Waaagh!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:41:09 PM by migs » Logged

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2016, 10:41:31 AM »

I saw this on twitter and now I see you're here Smiley

Love all of the clips so far - good luck with the Kickstarter! I'm looking forward to it  Beer!

Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2016, 11:07:08 AM »

Loving all these animated updates.  It's looking beautiful!

migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2016, 12:34:44 PM »

Hey Gang!
Sorry we've been a bit quiet lately; we're gearing up for our Kickstarter which means we're hectically planning and creating and all around hyping ourselves up, we hope to be sharing that hype with you soon Smiley
It's also the end of the month which means our internet is capped/shaped again to 90's dinosaur speeds.

We've been working on another new level. There are 2 variations where we've tried toying around with the size of the pillars, still in somewhat early stages but here's the version with the smaller platforms.

We've also been adding some touches to our existing levels; adjustments to backgrounds, adding subtle particles and playing with lighting. This is the red planet now with mountains, glowing moons, moving platforms and dust particles!

I'm going on faith that the images uploaded fine as our internet is literally too slow to load them. Let us know if the second image isn't animated and I'll try uploading it again.
Cheers as always for reading - have a great night!  Beer!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:41:27 PM by migs » Logged

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »

Love the bigger pillars in the background in various shades...really adds some depth and makes the whole thing look more grand!

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2016, 02:44:14 PM »

Ahh them video captures are lovely~ Especially the particle effects in the second gif, which is animated and working for me, don't worry ^^ Exciting to hear about Kickstarter prep stuff, too, I hope that's all been going okay so far!

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »

Love the bigger pillars in the background in various shades...really adds some depth and makes the whole thing look more grand!
With some parallax and fog its gonna be all ominous and awesome hopefully ^_^

Ahh them video captures are lovely~ Especially the particle effects in the second gif, which is animated and working for me, don't worry ^^ Exciting to hear about Kickstarter prep stuff, too, I hope that's all been going okay so far!
Yay, literally dial-up speeds in our house at the moment, we have had tweets not going through haha :/
Thanks Liz, we will post kickstarter stuff for feedback soon, definitely need more eyes on it.

Oh look that pink grass level hasn't been shown in a while. It's looking almost like the concept art now, they grow up so fast *sniff*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:10:50 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2016, 10:56:19 PM »

So happy to see how this game is coming along! I'm so tempted to draw some fanart of those main characters! @_@

migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2016, 10:19:19 AM »

Hey Gang!

So happy to see how this game is coming along! I'm so tempted to draw some fanart of those main characters! @_@
Thanks Maruki! We would be so keen for fanart! Definitely let us know if you do decide you want to do that; we will social media the hell out it <3

We're currently focusing on the trailer and Kickstarter setup still, lots of adding final touches to levels, consulting the storyboard, adjusting camera speeds, getting new particles in etc etc. And of course the less gamey stuff like registering our business, sourcing rewards, getting serious about crunching numbers and the like.

Here's us drafting a run through to show some co-op footage. We ran through this level an embarrassing amount of times before capturing a few gifs where we didn't get stunned or die horribly. I yelled curse words, it was excellent. Suffice to say some of these levels will be ruthlessly challenging.

We also spoke with some friends who are following the project and they raised the point that the characters are hard to see in the gifs. It's a difficult balance to capture a large amount of stuff and maintain a resolution that doesn't produce a ridiculously large file size. Anyway the above turntable is our temporary solution; the action will be much easier to see both in the trailer and when running the game full screen.

That's all for tonight, we are very keen to finish our trailer/KS page and get some feedback from you guys before we go live. Have a great night all
 Beer!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:41:46 PM by migs » Logged

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »

Oh look that pink grass level hasn't been shown in a while. It's looking almost like the concept art now, they grow up so fast *sniff*

Yess! Those little grass elements bring this scene to life. Looks fun to slide through. 

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2016, 01:47:31 PM »

Yess! Those little grass elements bring this scene to life. Looks fun to slide through.  
Unless you have space hay-fever Shocked

Tiny update before sleepy time. First pass at a mural wall painting artstyle that is hidden throughout the game:

We are still getting content ready for kickstarter and will probably post our campaign draft here soon for feedback  Gentleman

Hope all is good with everyone.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:10:58 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

SimonFelix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »

Looking good, I really like how the characters light up. Although I love how the small characters make the surroundings look vast, I kinda agree that it makes them pretty hard to see sometimes, especially in front of really dark backgrounds... Anyway, looking forward to the kickstarter!   Beer!

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2016, 01:12:24 PM »

Looking good, I really like how the characters light up. Although I love how the small characters make the surroundings look vast, I kinda agree that it makes them pretty hard to see sometimes, especially in front of really dark backgrounds... Anyway, looking forward to the kickstarter!   Beer!
Thanks Simon! We have played with this a tonne and will continue to do so. At full screen it looks good (especially on our TV hehe) but you are totally right balancing color and readability is a concern and we are working on it. Cheers Beer!

We are almost ready for kickstarter feedback but are awaiting a few things before we post more about it.

Here have some gif's!

Our game logotype thingy for the trailer is all animated.

And a sweet shard grab I made earlier tonight playing with camera speeds.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:11:08 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2016, 10:29:01 AM »

Our game logotype thingy for the trailer is all animated.
I like it for the most part ... but the way the animated triangles disappear is too sudden.  I would prefer them with (at least a little) fade-out.

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2016, 01:08:30 PM »

I like it for the most part ... but the way the animated triangles disappear is too sudden.  I would prefer them with (at least a little) fade-out.
Holy shit we didn't even notice that, they were meant to, thanks io3  Beer! Beer! Beer!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2016, 01:40:17 PM »

I'm really looking forward to the Kickstarter. Every GIF I see just makes me more excited Smiley

I hope you're fully prepared!

dotsquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2016, 03:17:07 AM »

Congrats on the new trailer!  Coffee
BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2016, 05:26:26 AM »

Thanks @dotsquid!!!

We are really happy with how it turned out Smiley For anyone else interested:

Trailer for Distant (formerly known as Hiraeth)

And the Killscreen reveal article:
https://killscreen.com/articles/introducing-distant-game-saving-dreamscapes-destruction

Thanks again for all the love from some of the tiggers crew on our other channels <3
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:33:20 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

boogie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:55 AM »

That is so beautiful!!! I love it!

dotsquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2016, 11:28:47 PM »

Shall you continue the devlog (maybe in another topic)?
I noticed that you deleted every mention of Hiraeth in your twitters. Was it a requirement of agreement with Snowman?
PS. If you can't tell directly and they're holding you hostage post a picture with a funny bear  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic