Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:04:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHiraeth - Thank you for your support
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Hiraeth - Thank you for your support  (Read 18467 times)
BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2016, 05:44:21 AM »

Man, this game is progressing beautifully! Quick question - how will multiplayer work? Will there be multiple themes (racing, capture the flag, a type of 'tag')?

Cheers  Grin
We have a bunch of cool ideas we eventually want to do but at the moment to keep our scope down we have in the works:
  • Passive Co-Op: If 2+ people in game; work together to collect shards and unlock shit
  • Versus: Player with the most shards at the end of the level wins, you get a little crown that you keep till beaten
  • Oddball - Player holding the glowy object the longest wins, that player also directs the camera

We also want a couple of simple modifiers that can be unlocked that we have toyed with:
  • Perfect Run Mode: One hit/off the screen = game over
  • Speed Run Mode: Control the camera and see how fast you can finish a level
  • Unlimited Energy: Self explanatory

We talked about a Tag mode and it should be easy-ish to do and would be pretty fun Beer!
Content is being limited by our time/current budget so we are prioritizing the main meaty parts of the game and adding all the side/juicy stuff when we can WTF

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »

Another mini update. 5am here so we are gonna crash.

We have completed more particles and readability stuff. Got 2 new characters in and a bunch of behind the scenes stuff done.

Here are a few GIFs of us running around and hitting the shit out of eachother on a new level idea (warning a little on the large side):

Still not sure about the stunned particles but they will work in the meantime. The dash is feeling really good now though with the new animations and particles.

• Still working on the enemies/trap designs but they are close to being prototyped
  • Pink character is in now and one of the yellows should be in this weekend
  • Currently cleaning up mecanim tree and adding in the rest of the animations
  • Still reworking the way to show when dash is on and off cool down
  • Toying around with the hub area design and story - which we will talk about more soon

Night guys Smiley
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:09:01 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2016, 10:21:12 AM »

Just looked at this on my mobile. Just a query; are these gifs really dark on anyone else's screens? Our monitors seem fine but some devices are dark and saturated as shit.  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:52:07 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 06:03:01 AM »

We are trying to keep fleshed out concept art to a minimum (as the art style is so simple). But spent a spare half an hour to render the creator out a little more  WTF
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:09:09 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »

We are trying to keep fleshed out concept art to a minimum (as the art style is so simple). But spent a spare half an hour to render the creator out a little more  WTF

Shit just got real.

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »

Shit just got real.

Hand Metal Left No No NO Hand Metal Right

migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »

Hey gang!

Needed a bit of a break from level design so have been working on some animations instead. Here's a first pass at how your magical orb spawns. Alien style. Right through the chest.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:39:16 PM by migs » Logged

benjkers
Level 0

digging for precious games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2016, 12:26:04 AM »

Nice expressive gesture for such a small figure. Motion style complements the minimalist character design. Can't wait to see a lovely arc of FX spray forth from the orb... hole Smiley

maxl
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2016, 06:14:23 AM »

Amazing levels of detail on the main character! Also, the orb mechanic of flinging you around seems to be a LOT of fun!

Maybe I missed this, but: can you also control the game with mouse+keyboard?

Currently:

Released games: Nubs' Adventure | Rico
elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2016, 06:33:11 AM »

Just caught up with the blog so far; I'm all about minimalistic design and animation. You guys work so far has been great. More huge gifs please ^.^ Also, if it helps, the gifs from a few days back (on the 9th) do seem a tiny bit dark, but not too much. It seems to appear all good once I upped the brightness on my laptop screen, haha, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, it definitely may be more to do with what people are using to see the gifs >.< Anyway, that recent animation is looking great, too! Definitely Alien-esque. Which is always good. Looking forward to seeing more updates and further development!

also that creator though. woah Shocked

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
sakrirafael
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2016, 07:05:19 AM »

Woah, everything looks so smooth, I almost can't believe it!

migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2016, 11:14:14 AM »

Nice expressive gesture for such a small figure. Motion style complements the minimalist character design. Can't wait to see a lovely arc of FX spray forth from the orb... hole Smiley
Thanks heaps! We're still working on a final version and making sure the animation works with all the different models. We're a big fan of particle effects over here so there'll definitely be some more tweaking Smiley

Amazing levels of detail on the main character! Also, the orb mechanic of flinging you around seems to be a LOT of fun!

Maybe I missed this, but: can you also control the game with mouse+keyboard?

Hey thank you! As for the controls; we're aiming to release on Steam, so at minimum single player will have to be playable with a mouse and keyboard. We're still trying to find a control scheme to make that intuitive and fun. We'll probably have a Super Meatboy style warning advising that it's best played with controllers but we'll do our best to get the alternatives in there.

Just caught up with the blog so far; I'm all about minimalistic design and animation. You guys work so far has been great. More huge gifs please ^.^ Also, if it helps, the gifs from a few days back (on the 9th) do seem a tiny bit dark, but not too much. It seems to appear all good once I upped the brightness on my laptop screen, haha, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, it definitely may be more to do with what people are using to see the gifs >.< Anyway, that recent animation is looking great, too! Definitely Alien-esque. Which is always good. Looking forward to seeing more updates and further development!

also that creator though. woah Shocked
Thanks so much! We're working on getting the creator modeled at the moment (amongst a slew of other things, level themes, trailer planning etc). Thank you for the feedback on the gifs, we're hoping to get 3 players in later tonight on that level chunk so I'm glad it's readable, more giant gifs to come!

Woah, everything looks so smooth, I almost can't believe it!
Cheers for the kind words! Beer!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:20:34 AM by migs » Logged

migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »

Still working on polishing up this level, but here's a gif of 3 players in action!

Playing with 3 people has helped us identify a few bugs and readability issues. We'll be looking working the orb and perhaps the shield to correspond with the player's colour; as well as fixing a few collision bugs we noticed come up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:39:32 PM by migs » Logged

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »

Started the maker model tonight. 900 tris at the moment so still a tonne of wriggle room
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:09:20 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »

This devlog is a big glass of yes! So excited to see more  Smiley

Alien style. Right through the chest.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »

This looks beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it develop further and playing it someday!  Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2016, 03:18:30 AM »

Still working on polishing up this level, but here's a gif of 3 players in action!

Playing with 3 people has helped us identify a few bugs and readability issues. We'll be looking working the orb and perhaps the shield to correspond with the player's colour; as well as fixing a few collision bugs we noticed come up.

Holy carp that looks like something me and my mates could get into a very screamy battle over, which we love. The neighbours beg to differ, but this looks great. Will the aim be for local coop/versus or are you considering an online option/only set up? 

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2016, 06:52:10 AM »

This devlog is a big glass of yes! So excited to see more  Smiley
Alien style. Right through the chest.
You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.
Beer!

This looks beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it develop further and playing it someday!  Smiley
Thanks, we are smashing it out as quick as we can haha.

Holy carp that looks like something me and my mates could get into a very screamy battle over, which we love. The neighbours beg to differ, but this looks great. Will the aim be for local coop/versus or are you considering an online option/only set up?  
Yeah we want a solid single player but what gets us really excited is the multiplayer Kiss We have weekly towerfall "meetings" and love local co-op. We will keep our options open with online (unity networking support is really getting there) but it is out of scope at the moment.

Thanks again everyone.
Here have a gif of the final-ish creator model!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:09:37 AM by BeardTopher » Logged

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »

Haha! "meetings" aw I miss our towerfall "meetings" that we had here on a weekendly basis.. it's been too long. Awesome though, local coop gets me very giddy.

elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »

Ahhh the creator model is looking goood! Really good, I love how mysterious they look and how they're somewhat blended into the background, which adds to it a bit (unless that isn't intentional I'm considering that the dark background may be for displaying purposes, haha). And I'm excited to hear about its prospects for coop stuff! Such excite

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic