Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:59:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNozrius
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nozrius  (Read 526 times)
impulse9
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »

Back on the forums after a long while, how are you all doing?  Coffee

I'm going to fire up a devlog for my latest project, Nozrius. The game is heavily inspired by NES and early DOS titles and will have the player control a demon traversing the depths of hell. It will be a very simple platformer, but hopefully the gameplay will be complex enough to not get boring too soon.

Some screenshots:

I decided to go in a very retro direction with it. I'm using a 260x240 resolution (scaled x2) and a NES-like color palette for art. Game mechanics will be extremely basic, since I hope to actually finish it at some point in the near future. I learned through my previous project (which I'm very casually still working on) that it's a good idea to keep things as simple as possible.

I still haven't decided everything about the gameplay mechanics or the story, I'll work through it when I get there.

I'm doing all the assets except the music myself. All music will most likely be from nosoapradio.us, this guy makes cool game music and shares it for free.

Game is based on HTML5 and written in JavaScript, you can give it a go here:

LIVE LINK

It should run on any modern browser but Chrome / Firefox are recommended. It also needs a keyboard. Hand Any KeySmiley

There's not many things to see in the current version, I just have the most basic things done and I'm trying to set a tone for the game with the interface and art style. I will be updating the live version as I make updates to the devlog.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

THINGS DONE:
- main menu
- basic game engine

THINGS TO DO:
- expand game engine to allow objects, monsters and so on
- lots of graphics
- sound effects
- game design and mechanics
- write a somewhat eloquent story
- level design
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:06:19 AM by pulse » Logged