Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:43:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsHTML5 game tutorials?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HTML5 game tutorials?  (Read 929 times)
zeke_chan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2016, 05:39:10 PM »

Hi everyone,

It seems to me there are so many tutorials on Unity, Game Maker, Blender, etc... but there's hardly anything on HTML5? Have you explored it and if yes, how has your experience been so far?
Oli414
Level 0

This text is too personal for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »

I've worked a lot with HTML5 recently after I learned it.
I mainly watched two types of tutorials:
Javascript tutorials (basics)
and HTML5 canvas tutorial (basics on how to render things)
By combining the knowledge of both you should be able to create games using HTML5, especially if you already have game programming knowledge in some other language.
Just search around for a bit and you'll find some good tutorials that you can use.

Tuludo Demo - The online game creator without limits! - Devblog
Crysball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:30 PM »

but you mean made directly on (html5 + js) or that its compiled on (html5 + js)?

because the thing its that to work directly on html5 you ether expend way too much time on creating an engine-ish base or use a library like melonJS in whitch case you're kind of stuck with the features that are available in their library

on the other hand there is the java to html5 google toolkit ( and it's familly of software ), cocos2d, flash, game maker and others that restrict some features in exchange to compile a html5 version of your game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic