Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:32:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMost fucked up animes and mangas ever
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Most fucked up animes and mangas ever  (Read 68981 times)
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »

The World is Mine

It's Clockwork Orange meets Natural Born Killers. The hero is Mon, a monster of free will. For no reason and with no emotion, he kills people. He doesn't talk much, so no one knows what's on his mind. His sidekick is Toshi, who's always expressing his hatred against humankind. Toshi and Mon start their killing spree in Hokkaido, the north end of Japan, and kill their way to Tokyo. Japanese police hunt desperately for them, but no one can stop them on their way to the capital. Meanwhile, as if following them, is Higumadon, a Godzilla-like gigantic red bear from Hokkaido. It stomps everything in its way. Finally Toshi-Mon blackmails the prime minister into doing a striptease broadcast on national television. This story sounds really stupid and meaningless, but The World is Mine is meticulously rendered in detailed super-realism. The art is elaborate, bullets tear off an innocent pedestrian's head, eyeballs pop out, brain splatters. Toshi mercilessly stabs a mother who tries to protect her baby and stomps the little one to death. To get through this comic is a challenge to your humanity.

The review fails to mention numerous accounts of rape. Straigt rape, gay rape, rape of old folks and there's bound to be animal rape sooner or later. It's not that exploitive, though, and the manga has won awards and has very high regards among other manga writers. Has a bit of a slow starts but it just keeps getting better and better as the story unfolds. Mon-chan is probably the most violent and evil anti-hero I've ever seen as well  Wink

Read a longer review here. Very interesting shit Kiss
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:19:48 PM by cactus » Logged
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2007, 02:50:37 PM »

Gantz is fucking neat. I've been watching the episodes for the past few days.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2007, 03:21:53 PM »

Read the manga instead. Ten times better, seriously. The violence and sex is very toned down in the anime. The anime also changes the plotline for the worse, and ends a hell of a lot earlier than the manga.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »

You know, I watched the first two episodes of Gantz a while back, and it had some promise, but... what the hell was with those "green onion aliens"? They just seemed like some kind of comic relief. It was weird. I'm told it gets better, but it didn't begin promisingly for me.

olücæbelel
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »

The World Is Mine. Well, after reading about it, I'm actually a bit fearful of reading it. o.o

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Advenith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »

Finally started watching Kemonozume, and it's pretty damn impressive. The samurai who can't control his bowels isn't as funny as I was hoping, though.

Also, The World Is Mine just shot up to #1 on my "must-read" list.

heLLo,       ciTiZen. we can heaR everYthing you sAy.        we know wHat you taLK about, we knOw wHat you hear, and we knoW what you rEAd. sUbversiVe fiLth. yoUr kind wiLl be clEansed from the eArth. why     reSiSt? eVen if wE can't      finD you, the druGs will. it's Only a mAtter of tiMe.
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »

Where did you find The World is Mine to read, cactus? Because I kinda wanna read it now.

(Also, high-five for reading "robots never sleep". That dude's translations are some of my favorite comics right now, manga or otherwise.)
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2007, 04:14:28 AM »

You can kinda get The World is Mine here. Not 100% legal, but there should be no danger nor moral issues with it, since it's unlikely it'll ever be translated to english commercially.

Oh, and the story gets so much better by volume two. Don't give up on it until then.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:09:09 AM by cactus » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 05:12:25 AM »

I Kiss you, cactus!
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2007, 10:05:55 AM »

And they have Ping Pong too!

thank you thank you thank you
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »

Yeah, upon finishing Gantz I felt very deprived of a conclusion. So many unanswered things, and as stated by Cactus, ends far too soon. 4 missions? what kind of a series is that? That's probably the most annoying part. Not to mention the ending made no sense and didn't answer anything.

I don't have time for the manga right now though, I already kinda screwed myself by watching the anime.

Might check out Serial Experiments Lain next.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »

Lain is TOTALLY worth it.

Plus the girl is just plain adorable. :3

Doncommie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »

Gungrave might count, it's not fucked up but it's just a long depressing story where EVERYONE meets a sad ending. The plan must have been to see how depressing they could make an anime. It also has a totally bizzare mix of a straight mafia story with undead monsters  Huh?

I watched some of Lain but it starts sooooooooooooo slowly, I got about four episodes in and nothing had really gone anywhere so I gave up.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »

Lain is a very different anime. It is slow, incredibly so, and yet it still leaves your brain in a tizzy if you're trying to make complete sense of it before the ending. Which still leaves questions open. It uses quite a few techniques that make even everyday scenes look alien and mysterious, with some hidden meanings to it.

I've still fallen in love with Lain herself, though. Kiss

Doncommie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2007, 03:45:41 AM »

Have you seen Ergo Proxy? It might slightly compare to Lain in presentation. It's a slow moving heavily philosiphical dystiopian future with monsters. Almost a hybrid of Blade Runner and Ghost In The Shell. It might be the most intelligent anime ever too  Tongue
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2007, 03:50:13 AM »

I tried watching Ergo Proxy but failed. I don't mean to sound like an asshole but it was just a little too pretentious for me. I wasn't in a particularly receptive mood when I watched it, though, so I might try again sometime!

olücæbelel
Doncommie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2007, 05:21:31 AM »

That's odd, I felt Ghost In The Shell was a lot more pretentious (Let alone something like Evangelion!). I thought it was genuinely clever for a change.
Doncommie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2007, 03:00:39 PM »

I ordered the first five Blam books, they are dead cheap. Of course book two arrives first Sad
Niwdz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »

NGE: the end of Evangelion, I cant sleep or Rei will kill me Shocked
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

That's odd, I felt Ghost In The Shell was a lot more pretentious (Let alone something like Evangelion!). I thought it was genuinely clever for a change.

Hmm, I don't know. They were both pretentious, yes - but I felt they had substance, likeable characters, a more cohesive plot, etc. Ergo Proxy just didn't seem to have that edge. It seemed more like "I'll sound clever if I use Latin, cogito ergo sum, lulz i am clever now", but like I say, I wasn't really in the right frame of mind when I watched it. I will definitely give it another try. Others have recommended it to me, as well!

olücæbelel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic