Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:00:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: TaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System  (Read 29753 times)
chrilley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 02:59:28 AM »

Wow. This looks great. The art is especially top-notch! It will be very interesting to see how close you can come towards the experience of playing boardgames with friends in real life as well.

Gamedragon
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 03:00:22 AM »

1D4 is as underwhelming to roll ing-ame as in real life.
Hey! The d4 is my favourite dice!

Joking aside, this is looking really great. You should just take my money now.
nestoriaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 04:35:06 AM »

I agree with all the praise, this looks really interesting! Do you have a release plan for the game?

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 05:23:43 AM »

Oh my goodness. Rolling dice has never looked so beautiful in a game.

Well done! Looking forward to more :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Ree
Level 0

I'm terrible with personal texts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »

That is gorgeous and I want it!
Thanks! Hoping to provide :D

Wow. This looks great. The art is especially top-notch! It will be very interesting to see how close you can come towards the experience of playing boardgames with friends in real life as well.

Thank you very much! Hoping that taking a more digital game juice approach to solving this problem will actually get us somewhere closer to the feeling of the real thing. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

1D4 is as underwhelming to roll ing-ame as in real life.
Hey! The d4 is my favourite dice!

Joking aside, this is looking really great. You should just take my money now.

Haha! Thanks dude! how I wish we were at a point where I could realistically accept your hard earned coinage :D

I agree with all the praise, this looks really interesting! Do you have a release plan for the game?
Thank you, We're currently working out how to free up some more time to work on this. Nothing is set as of yet unfortunately. 

Oh my goodness. Rolling dice has never looked so beautiful in a game.

Well done! Looking forward to more :D
Thanks! It was certainly one of the things I was working hard to get feeling right. I think we're quite close, and your comment confirms that as well Smiley

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 02:06:04 AM »

You nailed so many things here, that dice throw, the physics behind it look like they have a great feel to them, and the art is breathtaking. As a D&D player this made me happy, so very happy :')

nestoriaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »

Thank you, We're currently working out how to free up some more time to work on this. Nothing is set as of yet unfortunately.

Yes, I know that feeling all too well!

I really hope you will find the time to push on with the project, because this looks like something with a lot of potential for all of us old tabletop-RPG players. Smiley

Sixmorphugus
Level 0

._.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »

I love tabletop games like this. Wizard I remember a time me and some friends played, one guy betrayed the rest of the group and we basically skewed the whole campaign in a whole new direction chasing him down.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
NineTattooedDragons
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »

Great looking game. Just curious, do you plan to put in outdoor maps or taverns, or this strictly dungeon crawling?

ShuyanSaga.com/
stryfe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »

I think it's common sense by now, but I have to say: That looks absolutely amazing! Congratulations on the whole concept, specially the art direction that looks so gorgeous.

You mentioned you guys made a lot of mods for NWN2. Is in your plans to allow the users inserting their own models for miniatures and environment? I guess that'd certainly build a great community around it.

Top notch, following here! Coffee

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 02:15:08 AM »

You nailed so many things here, that dice throw, the physics behind it look like they have a great feel to them, and the art is breathtaking. As a D&D player this made me happy, so very happy :')

Thanks dude! Much appreciated :D

Yes, I know that feeling all too well!

I really hope you will find the time to push on with the project, because this looks like something with a lot of potential for all of us old tabletop-RPG players. Smiley

hehe, yeah. We're making something for ourselves here as well, so I know something will come out of it. (really want to be playing P&P sort of like this online with my friends) We'll just see which form. Thanks again!

I love tabletop games like this. Wizard I remember a time me and some friends played, one guy betrayed the rest of the group and we basically skewed the whole campaign in a whole new direction chasing him down.

This is definitely an example of why P&P are so great! I'm hoping to recreate this on a digital play field

Great looking game. Just curious, do you plan to put in outdoor maps or taverns, or this strictly dungeon crawling?

Thanks! We're planing on adding all sorts of tilesets including external ones as well. Perhaps later stuff like overland maps etc.

I think it's common sense by now, but I have to say: That looks absolutely amazing! Congratulations on the whole concept, specially the art direction that looks so gorgeous.

You mentioned you guys made a lot of mods for NWN2. Is in your plans to allow the users inserting their own models for miniatures and environment? I guess that'd certainly build a great community around it.

Top notch, following here! Coffee

Thanks a bunch! I'm currently working on Asset loading to make it a lot easier to add assets in to the game. Initially for us internally, but it is designed in such a way that people can start adding their own stuff later. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people will create.
Assuming that we're able to build said community :D Coffee

stevenmelin
Level 0

film & game music composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:47 AM »

Neat, this game is looking great guys! I've never seen a digital board game look so realistic (I like how the pieces wobble while hovering in the air). Keep it up  Hand Thumbs Up Right

It looks like there are two of you on the team - have you hired a music composer yet?

film & game music composer
www.stevenmelin.com
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 03:06:20 AM »

Neat, this game is looking great guys! I've never seen a digital board game look so realistic (I like how the pieces wobble while hovering in the air). Keep it up  Hand Thumbs Up Right

It looks like there are two of you on the team - have you hired a music composer yet?

Thank you very much!
Yes, one of us is a composer and is handling sounds and music for the project Smiley Thanks for asking.

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »

Been working on a separate project for handling Assets ingame.
Being able to create AssetBundles and set up Characters, Tilesets and the likes. Dubbed it Taleweaver toolkit.

.:Splash Screen:.

This is a separate Unity Project. I'm also hoping that it could be used for modding in the future. Maybe a bit of a hassle to have to download Unity3D to mod. But it would provide a lot of tools to help the process, including some to help unify textures etc. Currently it's only for internal use though, but has significantly cleaned up the main project.

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2016, 01:40:31 AM »

Here are some less interesting Screenshots (maybe?)
First one features the TileEditor to define tiles that will go ingame: (there are likely multiple typos, I apologize)

This is from our Content tool called Taleweaver. Which will eventually also be released as a Unity Project to enable modding the game.

And here is a temporary ingame seach menu for finding assets:

nestoriaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »

On the contrary, these screenshots are quite interesting. The ability to not only build your own dungeons, but to be able to mod the game in Unity sounds really nice.

For my part you should keep posting stuff like this!

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »

Wow this is very polished. Great job, keeping up! Coffee

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2016, 01:41:56 PM »

On the contrary, these screenshots are quite interesting. The ability to not only build your own dungeons, but to be able to mod the game in Unity sounds really nice.

For my part you should keep posting stuff like this!
Thanks dude! I'll be sure to keep posting more of these things!

Wow this is very polished. Great job, keeping up! Coffee
Thank you very much :D

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 07:45:56 AM »

I agree, the visual polish is coming along nicely. In fact, I think it's already more than perfect! Keep up the great work!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Garv
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »

love the idea and execution. Looks promising so far!

Pteranodons
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic