Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:46:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: TaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System  (Read 29751 times)
Ree
Level 0

I'm terrible with personal texts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 03:27:48 AM »

Thanks guys! Much appreciated :D

Felt like doing something non-code related. So made a LP mockup, (for some reason) and started on the tavern tileset.

Paint-over sketch:

Mockup, Ingame:

nestoriaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2016, 05:46:33 AM »

Looks nice! Smiley

What software do you use for modelling?

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 07:33:54 AM »

I love everything about this but those in world dice fill me with joy!

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 02:31:18 PM »

Looks nice! Smiley

What software do you use for modelling?
Thank you very much Smiley I used 3d studio max for this mockup. Next step is bringing it into zBrush, then 3D coat for retopology and UVs. Finally Substance painter, which I use a material created in Substance Designer to get the overall "painted" look.
I probably should make a post on this. Maybe I'll use this set as an example and post a bit about the process. If people are curious.

I love everything about this but those in world dice fill me with joy!

Thank you! that makes me very happy Smiley

nestoriaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »

I used 3d studio max for this mockup. Next step is bringing it into zBrush, then 3D coat for retopology and UVs. Finally Substance painter, which I use a material created in Substance Designer to get the overall "painted" look.
I probably should make a post on this. Maybe I'll use this set as an example and post a bit about the process. If people are curious.

Yes, that would be very nice. It's always interesting to read about peoples work flow and what tools they use!

miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »

Agh, more progress I see, more I want this asap.
Tough this seem to be very heavy in graphics side, I hope my group can run this game when it comes out.  Tongue

And I at least would love to see more of those 'less interesting' screenshots.
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 07:05:26 AM »

Thanks guys! I'll be posting some shots on how we process our assets soon. Working on finishing the Tavern set now.

NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 12:21:56 PM »

Okay this looks awesome on so many levels, dice especially heh.

Question: Will there be a mode/option to take direct control of all the aspects of the game and just have it be a sort-of glorified tabletop?

I've read that you are building campaigns and automatic mechanics, now I absolutely am on board with that but I think there is merit to being able to turn all that 'off' and simply have few maps, some dice, creature/player figures and some values (HP, spells per day, etc) that can be manually adjusted so all the story and moves could be conveyed via chat.

Frogs_Milk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »

I dig the sim'd D20 rolls.

FrogsMilk. Udderly Absurd.

@FrogsMilk
[email protected]
TheItalianeer.com
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2016, 01:11:34 AM »

Okay this looks awesome on so many levels, dice especially heh.

Question: Will there be a mode/option to take direct control of all the aspects of the game and just have it be a sort-of glorified tabletop?

I've read that you are building campaigns and automatic mechanics, now I absolutely am on board with that but I think there is merit to being able to turn all that 'off' and simply have few maps, some dice, creature/player figures and some values (HP, spells per day, etc) that can be manually adjusted so all the story and moves could be conveyed via chat.

Thanks! Yeah actually the initial version of the game might be just that. We've had a lot of feedback from people just wanting somewhat of a playground. With no rule enforcement. I'm also going to start using it as a visualization tool for my own D&D campaign in a couple of weeks which should be a lot of fun. We're still doing our own system down the road which can be played rule enforced. but we'll see how things develop. Thanks for the feedback!

I dig the sim'd D20 rolls.
Thanks! It's a lot of fun

SimonKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2016, 01:26:17 AM »

I know everyone says it, but damn, this art look good. It's really refreshing, it felt new and shiny, like a brand new figurine you just bought at the store. Gj!
Krisjet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2016, 02:24:45 AM »

Looks awesome! I'm not into roleplaying, but this art makes me want to start!

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »

SimonKahn: Thanks! Very much appreciated. That's certainly what we're trying to go for.

Krisjet: That's a good thing indeed. Thanks!

Here is some more progress on the tavern. I've ended up with a bit of a cold today, was hoping to get through the Substance Painting process as well. But that will have to wait till I've recovered. Posting this now though:

Apalka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2016, 10:51:13 AM »

God damn, this is just brilliant. What's the ETA on the release date + is this going to be available on STEAM, your website or something else?

I once had a similar idea based on Descent board game RPG website FantasyFlightGames made a long time ago, but obviously never made it a reality. TaleSpire looks stunning. Made sure to follow you on Twitter, and will make sure to follow you here as well Smiley Good luck!

Games PR and Marketing Guy | Made the biggest YouTubers' list | Twitter | Email: [email protected]
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2016, 02:54:36 AM »

I can't get enough of the camera system (zoom, focus, etc.).

Better and better with each photo!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 11:32:10 PM »

God damn, this is just brilliant. What's the ETA on the release date + is this going to be available on STEAM, your website or something else?

I once had a similar idea based on Descent board game RPG website FantasyFlightGames made a long time ago, but obviously never made it a reality. TaleSpire looks stunning. Made sure to follow you on Twitter, and will make sure to follow you here as well Smiley Good luck!

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated :D
There is no ETA unfortunately but we did just put up a newsletter signup on http://talespire.com if you'd like news sent to you.

Decent and other boardgames such as Mice and Mystic has certainly driven the design a bit here as well. Also avid P&P player which is the other help. Thanks again and see you in twitter!

I can't get enough of the camera system (zoom, focus, etc.).

Better and better with each photo!
Thank you very much :D

TAVERN SET
Here are some more final shots from the tavern set. I created a new painting filter for Substance Painter which is much like my old one, but now can pick up underlying layers and work on that. which is great. I will post progress as well as go through some of the Substance Designer.

thestrangers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2016, 04:17:29 PM »

The tiltshift effect immediately hooks me. You have something of great potential here. Really gorgeous work!
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 06:02:02 AM »

The tiltshift effect immediately hooks me. You have something of great potential here. Really gorgeous work!
Thanks! the tilt-shift certainly helps the illusion Smiley

More Tavern
Final tavern related shot for a while. Showing the power of stacking tiles.[/size]

We were also taken a bit by surprise with PCGamer wanting to do a brief write up on TaleSpire: http://www.pcgamer.com/upcoming-pc-games/
I guess we'll have to start taking this thing seriously now Tongue
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:21:02 PM by Ree » Logged

bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2016, 12:53:05 PM »

This looks so cool! Really excited to see where you go with it.

CANTATA
nestoriaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

We were also taken a bit by surprise with PCGamer wanting to de a really short write up on TaleSpire: http://www.pcgamer.com/upcoming-pc-games/
I guess we'll have to start taking this thing seriously now

You should take it seriously, it's an interesting project you have there!

Also it's very cool that Pc Gamer found your project and writes about it, without you even knowing about it. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic