Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:16:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: TaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System  (Read 29752 times)
Ree
Level 0

I'm terrible with personal texts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »

Thanks bacon!

nestoriaan: yeah, It would be unfair to the project to actually say that I don't take it seriously. It does seem to be moving out of the realm of hobby project into something a bit bigger. PCGamer did contact us before doing the writeup for some question, it was rather out of the blue though. Being an old PCGamer magazine fan from back in the 90s this was pretty huge for me personally.
Thanks for stopping by again! Smiley

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2016, 04:48:52 AM »

Rewrote the Level Serialization system so that it handles multiple types of boardAssets and not just tiles.
Working on an asset post to show TavernSet process as well as the custom Substance Painter filters created in Substance Designer.

Finally started some work on the fog of war system.

FunnyBone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2016, 12:33:46 AM »

I'm just gonna repeat what everyone else says, it looks really good! Very consistent style and atmosphere. Great job. I also like the pop in effect of the tiles. Hand Thumbs Up Left

After looking at the gif a few times I noticed the lightning on the wall from the torches doesn't come off like flickering and more like quick left/right movement.
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2016, 06:13:47 AM »

I'm just gonna repeat what everyone else says, it looks really good! Very consistent style and atmosphere. Great job. I also like the pop in effect of the tiles. Hand Thumbs Up Left

After looking at the gif a few times I noticed the lightning on the wall from the torches doesn't come off like flickering and more like quick left/right movement.

Thank you, very much appreciate that!  Yeah... you noticed that. I've been meaning to go in there and fix that with some other tweaks to the fire as well cause I totally agree. Thanks for pointing it out though, should hopefully encourage me to make the change sooner.

FunnyBone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2016, 12:25:28 PM »

Maybe some slight variantion in light intensity and/or size of the light would help?

But otherwise the torch light has already a good "tavern feeling" to it. Beer!
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »

Good call! I'll give that a shot.  Thanks!  Toast Right

Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2016, 01:17:40 PM »

I need to post these here as they're way cool. It was posted on twitter by tigsource's own @Skydsgaard_ on the subject of handling stairs. (and other things as well for that matter). It was really inspiring and made me feel rather special that Skydsgaard took the time to look at this conundrum.

So cool!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2016, 06:42:42 AM »

Saw a tweet about it, your game looks amazing Beer!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2016, 07:57:22 AM »

Saw a tweet about it, your game looks amazing Beer!

Likewise, saw a tweet. Had no idea there was even a devlog here. Just commenting to follow, looks amazing.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »

I need to post these here as they're way cool. It was posted on twitter by tigsource's own @Skydsgaard_ on the subject of handling stairs. (and other things as well for that matter). It was really inspiring and made me feel rather special that Skydsgaard took the time to look at this conundrum.

If you built the circular base for the model to stand on into the normal stair art (instead of having it morph into shape), it would create an affordance to communicate to players that they can end a turn or move on the stairs, which doesn't exist in the "normal" stair art (the player will have to guess if that's a valid move or not since it doesn't look like it can hold a model normally).

Alternatively you could do the morphing on mouse over to communicate the same affordance but keep the immersion of "normal-looking" stair art when not in use.
Ree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2016, 02:38:06 AM »

mrKaizen & oldblood: Thanks a bunch! :D

Chris Pavia: That is a really good point. Not entirely sure how to handle this still, but I believe readability is quite important of course. Will play around with both options. Thanks for the feedback

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic