Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:42:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Print
Author Topic: "AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!  (Read 178551 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2009, 12:48:01 PM »

aiiee, im getting behind the eightball!  my RL job has had me come in a lot this week and I've been doing the USA thanksgiving stuff. (I'm currently at work as I type this)

Don't get it twisted though, lots of progress was made on the space game weds. night.  Ill show you monday if all goes to plan.

Lastnight I did the packaging for the AuSable CD, now I'm going to bundle up all the mp3s and add some goodies, should be for sale this weekend (cross fingers)

wooh, ok im off to work!  retail on black friday.. wish me luck
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: November 28, 2009, 01:23:03 AM »

My AOOFAD/AU Sable combo-CD is now available for purchase!

swing on over to my lulu site www.lulu.com/amon26 and pick up a copy, titled "And You Will Be Fit For More Than Ashes"  Both AOOFAD and AuSable are included on the disc for $11.75!

I included some extra goodies like the soundtrack in MP3 format, and some additional concept art are included as a bonus.

So if you like my stuff, want to pitch in and get something really cool for it, go grab my CD, and while you're at it, grab my two horrible books.  Great presents for your creepy theatre-arts Uncle or that crazy cat-lady down the street.

-Amon26
Fuzz
« Reply #342 on: November 28, 2009, 10:21:39 AM »

great! i was actually planning on getting those books anyway. unfortunately i'll have to wait a bit because i'd like to get a bunch of lulu stuff at once and don't have the money at the moment (your cd, your books, quite soulless) but i'll be getting your stuff for sure!
FungusTrooper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

Just beat Au Sable, it was neat. I think I preferred AOOFAD, but that's probably just an "originals are best" thing.

I must ask though, are you okay, Amon? These are pretty twisted games, lol!
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »

yep im okay :D actually I'm quite a pleasent guy from what I've gathered from everyone who's met me.

It's just I've dealt with anxiety and depression for a long time now, spent quite a few years in therapy learning how to cope with it, and even though I've become much more in control, comfortable, and happy.. well.. it's never fully "cured"

I deal with horrifying abstract nightmares almost every night involving things that I've tried to capture in various media.  The games just happen to so far be the most effective way I've had to convey those feelings of dread and disorientation.

the themes are usually walking in an unoccupied areas, not always in disrepair either, and I bear witness to something horrible:  The inner-side of the planet's crust, populated by impossibly narrow human-shaped figures stretched over in scar-tissue weeping black tar.  Or being led through a hotel by a blind woman with her head twisted backwards singing opera at me as I try to find my mother.  Smells too.  I've woken up on more than one occasion swearing i could smell burning hair.

I had these dreams before I knew what J-horror was so when I saw The Ring for the first time it was a real mind-fuck.  But it sorta made me feel good to know there's other people utilizing the bad their imagination cooks up in a way that betters their real life.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »

Oh yeah, long time ago I said I would post the platforming example I built these games around once AuSable was done. Well, I need to make good on my word.

Here it is, It's actually called Nydian's Platform Engine.
http://rapidshare.com/files/316102179/NydiansPlatformEngine.zip

It was an incredible springboard for me to start learning game design with, maybe it'll work for someone else out there.
Fuzz
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »

the file is premium members only?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »

eei, it shouldn't be! just try clicking regular or non-membership.  iduno, if its screwy ill switch to media fire or something
Xom
Level 0

Is amused.

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 17, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »

Might I suggest 4shared?
Krag
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:49 AM »

How would one reach a second ending? I saw that there's two in this thread yet I couldn't find ways to the second one.

Minor spoilers ahead: I thought that killing those circling "angels" in the boss-fight will open it (because really, it's much easier to win without paying 'em any attention) yet I was wrong, it wasn't there.

How then?
ookla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »

Hi Amon! Where is the game dude?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

Sad my site got killed by hackers.  I'm working on designing a new one but I've got my hands tied up with like 30 other things all at the same time,  I spread myself out a little too thin methinks.

http://www.dessgeega.com/AuSable_1.2.zip

http://www.dessgeega.com/AOOFAD_1.1.zip

anyone know of a good wysiwyg webpage editor? im really not liking the templates my host gives me.
ookla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2010, 08:35:30 PM »

Thanks!!

I'm webdev and I recommend Wordpress, if you have Fantastico installed on your hoster, you can use that "one-click" install feature for Wordpress. Easy to put a template, easy to maintain, easy to backup. For the zipped files I recommend that you put on Dropbox or something that is secure. Gamemaker website maybe.. But on this case, maybe other gamedevs here can give you more ideas!

Good luck!

MisterStone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed AuSable.  I'm not a big platformer fan tbh, but the presentation, especially the sound and the in-game storytelling was amazing.  You deserve awards for this!
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

aww thankies,

YOU HEAR THAT, GABE NEWELL!?  I'M COMIN FOR YA!
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »

Love the atmosphere.

Out of curiosity, do you have a weapon in your actual nightmares?

The Remorseless
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 29, 2010, 07:58:55 AM »

Well, Amon, it's good to see someone using their sorrow as an artistic resource to make it in the world, seperating themselves further from the sheep we live amongst. You're making the good out of the bad, which is something many people can't do, as they lack the creativity. Keep going, and don't stop.

I myself am currently writing a series of novels which share a common setting like in these games, and I want to help you in any future projects. I'm a little greedy when it comes to ideas, but I'll offer voice acting, should you need it. Mike Patton is my idol in terms of voice acting, so I'm learning how to make various monster and creature voices while I scream like a whore in my apartment for practice.

Also, when I come into some dough, I'll buy the More Than Ashes disc. I'm a nut about concept art, so how many pages are there of this? Also, is it $12 US?
ink.inc
« Reply #357 on: June 27, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »

This has the best sound design of any game I've ever played. This is not hyperbole.
chikken21
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2010, 01:54:26 AM »

Oh my gosh! I just finished Au Sable! Amazing! I never thought I could be so terrified of a two-dimensional game!

Beautiful sprites, terrifying story, perfect atmosphere! I almost didn't finish the end boss because the end was so terrifying. Well done all around.

Just started All Of Our Friends Are Dead. Looks like it's gonna be really good too. Keep it up! =]
metamorphosis
Level 0

Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »

Hi there-
can't get au sable to work on my machine-
no problems with other games that I can think of.
Crashes on first game screen-
see screenshot:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=g85mqs8k9p9tkr9&thumb=4

I loved AAOFAD (worked fine) and would love to play this one-

E8500 CPU
nlited' winxp sp3,
dx9 etc
7600GS
4gb ram

Music appears to be missing on AOOFAD - is it reliant on windows media player being present?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:47:01 PM by metamorphosis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic