Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:30:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: "AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!  (Read 179104 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »

Much thanks everybody!  Hoping I'm not over-hyping myself, but I admit, I'm fairly pleased!  Coffee

Allright, at this moment I'm developing the final stage before the end-boss.  It's a very hardcore stage though, not an inch of leeway.

still not as hard as "i wana be the guy" though.

might soften it up, not sure yet.
Evil-Ville
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »

I got stuck at this place. Didn't feel like playing any more afterwards.

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 06:05:38 PM »

I got stuck at this place. Didn't feel like playing any more afterwards.

aww, sorry bud Sad
Fixin' it as we speak.  I'm sure the first full version of this game will have some holes and icks in it, so i appreciate the feedback
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »

WOO HAA! It's COMPLETED!

http://rapidshare.com/files/219987306/AOOFAD_0.9.zip

*does a freaky little dance*

Fuzz
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

AWESOME. I'll play it sometime within the next few days... I don't really have time right now. Sad
Tomato
Level 0

Boosh.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2009, 09:41:19 AM »

NICE. It's creepier and freakier and surreal-ier and I love it. Thanks so much for making this.

Although in some of the levels the floor tiles do that shaky Game Maker thing they do where it looks like they're having a seizure while the camera's moving. It didn't do that in the beta did it? Great work either way, it's not that big of a deal if you leave it like that.
Evil-Ville
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »

I think this game would be better without the key hunting and all the text everywhere. There was also some stupid jumps that I would still be fighting with if it wasn't for the save anywhere system.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »

Wooh! Much appreciative of your feedback, I've done a little fine-tuning all over the place and I think I've got it as good as I know how to make it for the time being.

**Tiles are thickened up a little to reduce holes when scrolling
**Super-hard jumps slightly less hard/stupid

Thanks for all your support and interest over the past few weeks! Even if it's not quite perfect, I'm rather proud of myself, and flabbergasted at all you, who do this sort of thing as if it were second nature. 

Who'd like to see more in this same vein?
Fuzz
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »

I'd definitely like to see more like this. I won't be able to play this game until later, though. Sad
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »

This was amazing. The music was perfect and created a great atmosphere of weirdness together with the visuals and level design.

Almost makes me want to try something similar... like, using some nightmares (or dreams in general) I had and turn them into a game.

Massive respect to you!  Gentleman
(This game deserves a frontpage)
Tomato
Level 0

Boosh.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »

(This game deserves a frontpage)

Seconded.
Fuzz
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »

Maybe put it on mediafire or willhostforfood, though? Rapidshare isn't very kind. But yeah, frontpage it, definitely.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2009, 02:31:09 PM »

rgr, researching mediafire and willhostforfood as we speak.  Also, doing something a little neat I can't say anything about.

Hopefully i'll show it in about 1 hour :}
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »

FINITO! DONE! BOOYAH!

PLAY IT!!
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=62386
BUY IT!
http://www.lulu.com/content/compact-disc/all-of-our-friends-are-dead/6760124

I'm looking to make a few "special edition" sales of it too.  Ive got a thumbdrive I'll be modding the crap out of, and I've framed a lot of my doodles I did during the process of making this.  They'll probably go for around 25 bucks each, I'll make sure they're worth every penny though.

I'd like to see E.A do what we get away with right up in here *flexes muscles*
Fuzz
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »

So what exactly is the disc, as compared to the game?

Also, might want to fix some spelling errors in the readme.
"Muisc: Amon26/Chovox"
"it wont dump a bunch of extra files"
"animated arrow patterns with the green dashed lines" (should be purple)
Fuzz
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2009, 07:15:55 PM »

The game is really oppressively scary. I love it. Could you maybe add a restart button, though? R to restart the level or something? I got stuck in a hole in a place where I needed a key, and I couldn't get out or die, so I had to quit the game and lose all my progress.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »

Fixd!

http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=62424

Restart = R 

Also, CD rom version is currently identical to Download.  I thought about adding something but I can't think of what.  I did do some pretty hardcore imagery for the disc label, insert, and traycard though
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2009, 12:41:37 AM »

Waoh Josiah! i get a full bona-fide review?  Daing!  Yeah I'm mondo sorry about the horrendous load-times (apparently cactus himself is having trouble loading it too)  I think i made a few things a little too data-heavy.  As I said before, game programming (even GM) is really alien to me.  I'm used to spooking people out with my photographs, songs, or artwork, this was a very uncomfortable and confusing medium to try working in.  I'll keep trying tho!

I'm humbled that so many of you have been willing to overlook my technical shortcomings and still find value in this.  Thank you from the bottom of my flat-shaded heart Smiley
Tomato
Level 0

Boosh.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2009, 09:47:47 AM »

do you know the reasons for this/if it's avoidable? Sorry to hijack the thread, perhaps we can discuss it in the 'is game maker viable' thread elsewhere Smiley

I don't know about all that but I imagine this thread would be very useful if you haven't already seen it.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »

I'm sure GM can load external assets. This is the key in minimizing loading times. You create code that loads necessary assets before each level. You'll minimize load time in the beginning, but you will probably have noticeable loads in between levels.

I'm pretty sure someone like Amon26 could use some of his creepy imagery as a way to mask the loads. Smiley

Also, are you still planning on working on this Amon26? Indie games isn't the forum for your own games. If you're planning on working more on it I'll move it to Feedback. If not, to Announcements.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic