Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:21:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMy favourite Indie Games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My favourite Indie Games  (Read 6327 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »

Just thought I'd share this with everyone:

My favouritest indie games ever

It's something I posted to my blog at the start of the year. We've had topics about games that don't get enough attention, and games that we think should be posted to TIGSource, but I'd love to hear what everyone's straight up favourite indie games are.

(If you don't feel like visiting the link, my favourites are A Blurred Line, Cave Story, Diver Down, The Frozen World, Photopia, Rameses, Seiklus, Varicella, Within a deep forest and The White Chamber. They're not in order of preference, but I think Varicella is probably my favourite.)

[edit - I updated the link.]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 02:43:05 PM by Echo » Logged

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 01:20:01 PM »

my favorite is probably still Mutant Storm, if for no other reason than it sparking my inspiration enough to say, 'wow, I would love to make games like that!'

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »

I've never played Mutant storm, but I'll give it a try Smiley. I'm not normally a shoot em' up fan, to be honest. What's so great about it?

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »

keep in mind, it's an older game now. It just has a great mix of action and challenge plus dual analog controller support. Great for sitting down for a half an hour and blasting the crap out of things Smiley There's a million similar games out now but for me, I always go back to that one.

Bebop
Level 0

Space Monkey Rocks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:46:12 PM »

Wow thats a nice list thanks i'll have some new games to try.
TTT
Level 0

I love you-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 12:57:52 PM »

Gish is my all time favourite because it's plain fun just controlling the main character (I also like N and Elma for the same reason) and the controls are innovative at the same time.
Of course I love Cave Story too.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

Hmm - I guess in this community, "least played" makes "best" redundant. Heh. Fair enough then  Grin

JackZorbetta
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 08:59:27 AM »

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING FOLLOWS:

If we’re talking flat-out, laugh-out-loud, beat-up-on-your-friends FUN, then we’re talking Arctic Stud Poker Run.

Don’t let the name fool you, Arctic Stud Poker Run is unlike anything you’ve ever played before. It looks like an intense, no-holds-barred multiplayer free-for all, but there is an incredible amount of nuance, depth, and strategy once you realize what’s going on.

The game is probably best summed up as “Full-Contact Poker” …but that doesn’t really do it justice. . It’s a non-linear, FPS-Racing-Combat-Strategy-Poker Game that uses several original, patented methods for dealing, selecting, acquiring & stealing cards. (No wonder reviewers struggle to find an appropriate pigeonhole.)

It’s the first real Indy game from the designers who of Rampage, Arch Rivals, Pigskin, General Chaos… (These guys go out of their way to do Fun Stuff that has Never Been Done Before.)
For a quick look at the Game in action visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VuODC2Iek. For a free Downloadable version of the Game, visit www.arcticstud.com or www.gamerefuge.com.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:32:24 AM by BMcC » Logged
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 09:03:36 AM »

Hmm, odd that your youtube accounts seems to have been set up solely to advertise that game, Jack. You aren't affiliated with them at all I trust? Only it'd be a REALLY shitty thing if you were and you were just advertising on here, wouldn't it? Especially given that your webpage points to the website of the game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:05:27 AM by DrDerekDoctors » Logged

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 09:35:46 AM »

Yeah, that's really uncool.  You posted, like, the same thing on two threads in the forum AND once on the front page (which will soon be modified as well).

If you're going to be a plant, put some effort into it!  Play nice for a while, let people warm up to you, then go for the kill.

I love General Chaos, by the way.  But the point stands!

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »

Instaban surely

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »

MySQL problems are preventing me from even removing the attached picture right now.  Sad

Perhaps when Jeff or Derek returns...

JackZorbetta
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »

The reason I gave myself the Name/Picture of the main character in the game is so people would KNOW that I was involved in it's creation.

As I pointed out elsewhere, I only came to this site because people informed that editors at this site were talking about the game without actually having played it!
(something I tried to address elsewhere in another thread)

Other sites I frequent encourage new/free/ indy game info.
I didn't realize this site was not one of them.
Sorry.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 11:16:26 AM »

This is driving me loco, dude.

Of course we encourage new info.  Just.  Not.  Spam.

Let's keep this discussion in the other thread which you're (naturally) posting in now.

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 12:04:08 PM »

Other sites I frequent encourage new/free/ indy game info.
I didn't realize this site was not one of them.
Sorry.

How is a blatant advertisement for a game that you SELL "info". I know there are such things as infomercials which straddle the line so that idiots might buy "ab-exploders" but what you did was not information. It was a wholly biased advertisement.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic