Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:34:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSharing my Greenlight experience (Ask me anything)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Sharing my Greenlight experience (Ask me anything)  (Read 6521 times)
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »

Thanks for sharing! Your post was super helpful.

Sadly, we're already on day 17 of our Greenlight campaign, so it may be a little late to implement some of your methods, like contacting the press... I wish I'd read your post sooner!

Does anyone have any advice on reviving a dying Greenlight effort? We got 820 views on our first day, then they dropped down to next to nothing pretty fast. So far we've had 2115 unique visitors in total and 53% voted Yes.

We want as many visitors on the site as possible, but we're having a really hard time getting people to click our link! I've shared our Greenlight link on facebook (our own walls plus a few indie game groups), twitter and instagram with a cheerful "On Greenlight now!" type message, but it's not generating as much traffic as we'd hoped. I even tried a self-promotion megapost on reddit, and slipped the link into one of my Imgur posts, to no avail.

Any advice? Thank you very much in advance!

(This post is absolutely not a self-promotion attempt, I legitimately need advice, but I'm just gonna leave the link to our game down here in case anyone wants to check it out. No pressure! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653803576 )

Seems like your game have been greenlit, congratulations!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2016, 10:33:42 AM »

and your game is still 5 years from being finished
As an indie developer, if your game is 5 years from being released ... then I'd suggest you start with a smaller project. Wink
Meh, depends on your goals. You might be working weekends on a hobby project while having a different day job, not trying to live off of indie dev, but wanting to make a game that might get you there once it's released, for example. Not everyone is in a hurry or trying to run a business with their games. c:

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2016, 11:45:32 AM »

Meh, depends on your goals. You might be working weekends on a hobby project while having a different day job, not trying to live off of indie dev, but wanting to make a game that might get you there once it's released, for example. Not everyone is in a hurry or trying to run a business with their games. c:
This is one of those situations where assumptions should be stated first.  I was referring to full time work (i.e. close to 30-40hrs per week).  When someone says that they've been working on a game for months or years, but actually only a few hours per week  ... to me that doesn't mean *actual* months or years. Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic