Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:27:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMy Greenlight Stats
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Greenlight Stats  (Read 1989 times)
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:44:30 AM »

Today I want to share the greenlight stats of our upcoming game Tiny Thor with you.

First of all: Here is the link to our greenlight campagin we're talking about:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617559638

The campaign started on February, 6th 2016. At first we got a lot of views and votes. But that dropped nearly to zero after a view days. Our "Rank-To-Top-100"-Stat climbed up to 82% but we're loosing some percents now each day. The great start was because the game was listed in the "News"-Section at first. We have 53% Yes-Votes which is quite okay I think (after the first days we were at 60%).

Best of all we got a lot of great feedback and comments which definitely is a great motivator for us to keep working on this game.

If we compare our stats with other ones we've found on the web, we noticed that a few years ago the activity was much greater on greenlight leading to thousands of views and votes. But it seems this isn't the case any more / at the moment.

We've also talked to some other developers and after that I think we will get greenlighted sooner or later because the stats aren't that bad. But we'll see...

Here are a few things I've learned:

• The game still has some coder-artwork included and lacks some polish here and there. And quite a few comments are reflecting this. It would have been better to show only polished sections of the game to the public.
  • The trailer was made in a hurry. I just recorded some cool gameplay sections and put an old track from the "Ludum Dare Version" into the trailer. The song was never intended to be in the final game. A lot of people criticised this. The trailer also doesn't build up tension (like a cool movie trailer does). So I think it would have been wiser to put some more effort into these issues. And I really suppose that this would have led to a better yes/no-ratio.

In the end I'm quite satisfied with the results so far and I really hope not to get lost in the greenlight limbo.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

tiagotrigger
Level 0

Brazilian game dev (goo.gl/5ZkQDK)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:19:57 AM »

I remember that I've voted for Tiny Thor when released.
768 yes is good, but I thought that the game had more votes.
In my game, I've also made a trailer in a hurry and was the only thing (for now) that was criticized.
Good luck for your game.

Hey, please check out my game on Steam Greenlight: Ant-gravity: Tiny's Adventure. Hope you enjoy it. o/
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »

Looks like your game made it! Congrats! Smiley

I'm just wondering, how much of the traffic came from Steam Greenlight and your own social media and have you done other promotions (e.g. contacting journalists, magazines, etc)?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:40:25 PM by io3 creations » Logged

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »

Thanks.

I've twittered about it on posted it on facebook, but don't think that had much of an impact. I haven't done any PR. So I think around 99% of the traffic cam from Steam Greenlight.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »

That's interesting to hear.  I assumed games need a little extra push from non-Steam traffic sources (which can obviously help) to succeed but that may need to be the case.  Gives me a bit more reassurance. Smiley

If you do consider promotions (especially to increase sales) in case you haven't seen them, there are few relevant threads here under Business topic.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic