Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:41:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & Eventstinypalace ....gamesfestival in kassel/germany
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: tinypalace ....gamesfestival in kassel/germany  (Read 1745 times)
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:57:24 AM »

Hey fellow devs! I'm part of a little collective (tiny collective) and right now we are organizing a little gamesfestival (tinypalace) in kassel, germany. we want to create a space to hang out, to show games, to experiment ourselves in exhibiting games, to discuss about games, to eat and play together.

Our website will launch in a few days, we (mostly one of us, not me) still working hard on this. But to now you can check for our crowdfunding. There you can find more information about us and why we do this, how we do this and if there will be an area to show your game wip whatever betalpha anniversary version (yes, there will be :+D).

What we will have:
  • an exhibition of games, weird, crappy, lovely, somehow refreshing
  • a game jam
  • talks and workshops (to now we got one customcontroller workshop but we will announce that soon and with it some open call for talks)
  • food
  • a party with dance and games
  • latenight competitive sessions with vs games that are fun but not interesting enough/matching for the exhibition

What shall i tell else? Right now i feel a little confused to blindwrite here and also totally excited about the funding that just started a few hours ago. But in the same time i feel totally hungry, think i gotta go to eat sth now.

So feel free to ask questions, i will try to answer them as much as possible. If the answering here is too slow you also can ask questions on our festival email [email protected]

Our website is to be found here: http://tinypalace.de/

cheers
 Hand Fork Left

OH, i nearly forgot to say. This is a free festival! We ain't out for profit from that indiehypewave thats rollin for years now. We just want to make a festival for some underground shizzle and we want to share that with everyone interested.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:07:57 PM by Christopf » Logged

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 07:45:47 AM »

We fully launched our website now, including an open call for games, talks, workshops.....
http://tinypalace.de

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 04:34:43 AM »

In case you guys really pull through with the game jam, I'd love to join.

Good luck!

(← new art twitter)
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 03:00:18 AM »

Cool & thanks!

I firstly thought of the gamejam as a local thing but now you've mentioned it i like it as a global event even more. So we will announce the the theme on may 20. i will post it here as well, exact time is coming with the days Smiley

meowstations
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »

It looks pretty cool! Wish you guys all the best with it Smiley

Mind if I post about it on social media? Ninja
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 05:40:17 AM »

No, not at all. Go ahead, every support is appreciated. <3
Thanks  Coffee

meowstations
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 02:23:48 AM »

You're welcome!

Will do my best to spread the word Ninja
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 12:14:02 PM »

Sorry in case it's my fault for not properly navigating the site, but on the off chance you do offer a game jam, would there be any way to announce it on your site by date and rules?

Sorry to intrude, things are currently looking like it's just a game convo...

(← new art twitter)
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 06:24:21 AM »

yea, i tackled the topic last meetup and we weren't totally sure when we going to open the festival, which affects the beginning of the jam. but we will announce a specific date with time and rules (although there wont be a lot i guess :>) with the program when it's ready to be released. also we will have an itch.io site including a jam which you can refer your game then.

the jam itself will be most-likely one day long, maybe shorter. but it isnt fixed yet and i can think of it as multi-day jam as well. i guess the only thing i can do right now is to call on your patience :>
but in case you have to keep your time free early enough i can ensure you we will have the jam - multiday as well as shorter - on the 22nd of may.

(i hope my english isnt too bad. in case i articulate myself misunderstandable i would like to try answer your questions again :>)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:12:45 AM by Christopf » Logged

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »

Finally, for all those interested in the gamejam:

http://tinypalace.de/2016/05/08/gamejam

We also got our program online:

http://tinypalace.de/program

Next thing is the exhibition games to be announced!

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 01:31:04 AM »

theme is "be bad"!

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 06:36:57 AM »

awwww, looks like I missed this. just moved to NRW, so if you guys do this again next year, I'm totally in.

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic