Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:06:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsA Small Robot Story - Story-driven Retro Platformer [DEMO AVAILABLE]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: A Small Robot Story - Story-driven Retro Platformer [DEMO AVAILABLE]  (Read 8639 times)
bclikesyou
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2016, 02:26:14 PM »

Back on schedule!

Spent a chunk of time setting up a check point system. Was tricky getting it to reset between layouts.

I also set up double-jumping. This will be a power-up.

bclikesyou
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »

Holidays are over and I'm back at it!

Double-jump is working great and now I've added the dash. It will break blocks (for secrets!) and let you evade enemies. Small icon in the upper right lets you know when your dash has "cooled down".

Up next: charged shot!
HoffmanIV
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 10:24:31 PM »

The art style is adorable! I really like how you use the contrast between warm and cold colors to add depth and interest to your tiles (e.g., the orange piping). Looking forward to seeing more progress on this!
bclikesyou
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »

I'm still alive!

Here's a quick gif of Level 4 art. Just a start for now; still need to fill in the layers and make it feel more full.

Three big announcements:

First off, I'm now working in the game industry! I recently started working for Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) as a Digital Games Hub Coordinator. I've been super busy but I love the work I'm doing.

So because of the new job, I brought on a friend to help me finish the game. He will be designing some enemies and a boss and basically be handling a bunch of the coding. Hoping this will speed things up! Check out his games here: http://yesandgames.com/

Lastly, I'll be at GDC! I'll be near the college booths. Come stop by!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:46:05 AM by bclikesyou » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic