Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:02:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingWriter: Looking for some experience working with developers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Writer: Looking for some experience working with developers  (Read 886 times)
SuperKaleidoscope
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »

Name: Amir D.H.
Qualifications/Skills: Writing/Sound recording
Experience: Was the Head-Admin of a Garry's Mod Dark RP server for months. During my time I wrote the text for menus and forum announcements.
Direct Link(s): None in the game development industry, but if you'd like to see short stories/scripts I've written or short films I was involved in, then I would gladly share them with you if you ask.
Contact Info: You can contact me via my e-mail at [email protected]

As a film student I am constantly working in groups, so team based work is something I am accustomed to. I'd also like to add that I work really well under pressure.

Primarily I am studying to become a screenwriter, but sound recording is a close second. My greatest achievement as a Film student was attending the Cannes Film Festival two years ago when I was at college, as I was involved in the sound department of the short film that was accepted.

The way I write is heavily influenced by literature with first person stream-of-consciousness narratives, novels like The Catcher In The Rye and The Collecter. Films I'm influenced by the most are Lost In Translation and Hiroshima Mon Amour, and games I'm most influenced by are The Beginner's Guide and Max Payne 3.

I focus heavily on dialogue and characters in my writing as they are my greatest strength. Genres I gravitate towards are Drama, Comedy, Crime and most recently Horror. I really enjoy introspective stories where troubled characters reflect on themselves, and at times their past, and how we as the audience/player/reader get to see them unravel.

I'm posting this because I am looking for some experience working with people in the indie game development industry. I love working in a creative art, so developing my skills in this area and pure enjoyment are the things driving me forward. I'd like to have a role in the areas that I have specified as being experienced in, but if you feel I may still be a valuable team member, I am willing to learn a new skill both in my own free time and from another developer if they are willing to teach me some things. I also wouldn't mind doing tasks like writing the text for menus and other things that may not have that great of a creative capacity, as it's still work experience that I would appreciate getting.

Feel free to contact me through my e-mail above if you are interested. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic