Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395515 Posts in 67271 Topics- by 60352 Members - Latest Member: CarmeloLabadie

September 27, 2021, 11:13:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrimson Keep - First Person ARPG - Released!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Crimson Keep - First Person ARPG - Released!  (Read 25388 times)
sambloom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2021, 01:32:17 AM »

Here's a new gargoyle sculpt I've been working on over the last few days. The quality of the original gargoyle enemy sculpt kinda sucks, but I still like it, so will probably use it as a prop. I also wanted to make a new gargoyle because I think it would be cool if it had some subtle animations (wing/head movements) instead of just none like the old one.

The tongue hanging out makes the gargoyle look a little bit more silly, might be good in a casual sense but if you wanted to go for a more horror look I'd say skip tongue

Overall it looks great though  Beer!
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »

That's a really cool gargoyle! I especially like the texture on its wings--that does rather look like a soft material wrinkling and sagging a bit due to position and physical forces.

Overall, good work, I do feel! ^_^

Regarding the extended tongue, I think that it can work--just look at all of the actual gargoyles that have their tongue extended. I think that what might help would be to have the tongue be held straight (and downwards) rather than hanging loosely--the latter is perhaps a bit too close to an animal with its tongue lolling.

Moons in Crystal
A Fantasy Top-Down Space-Shooter Metroidvania
Itch page ~ Twitter
sambloom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2021, 11:52:58 PM »

tongue extended. I think that what might help would be to have the tongue be held straight (and downwards) rather than hanging loosely--the latter is perhaps a bit too close to an animal with its tongue lolling.

Good point Hand Thumbs Up Right
Ian_A
Level 2

Indie Artist & Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2021, 09:17:17 AM »

That's a really cool gargoyle! I especially like the texture on its wings--that does rather look like a soft material wrinkling and sagging a bit due to position and physical forces.

Overall, good work, I do feel! ^_^

Regarding the extended tongue, I think that it can work--just look at all of the actual gargoyles that have their tongue extended. I think that what might help would be to have the tongue be held straight (and downwards) rather than hanging loosely--the latter is perhaps a bit too close to an animal with its tongue lolling.

Thank you!  Beer! Hand Clap

The tongue hanging out makes the gargoyle look a little bit more silly, might be good in a casual sense but if you wanted to go for a more horror look I'd say skip tongue

Overall it looks great though  Beer!

Thanks for the kind comments  Evil Yeah, the game is kinda half way between cute and horror, so I'm happy with your comments. This one looks significantly less goofy than the original gargoyle in my opinion, but hopefully it still fits within the art style of the game.

CRIMSON KEEP - First Person Action Roguelite
Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2021, 12:05:49 PM »

Hey just found your game. You pretty much realized the same game idea as I currently do with my project Raidborn, also a first-person action RPG with randomly generated levels. My approach is a little different though as I wanted to created an Elder Scrolls-like game, but condensed to mainly the dungeon crawling aspect. Or like I use to say a Skyrim + Diablo mix.

It's awesome to see somebody elses interpretation of the same idea. I think when I got some time I will get myself a copy of your game and try it out. I am always super excited to see what other small teams are doing.

I sadly recognized your game didn't do that well on Steam. I am not sure if that was your first release on steam, but my first one didn't do very well either. It's a tough market.

Anyways I just wanted to come by and appreciate your work. I am looking forward in trying your game.

Ian_A
Level 2

Indie Artist & Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2021, 07:47:37 PM »

Hey just found your game. You pretty much realized the same game idea as I currently do with my project Raidborn, also a first-person action RPG with randomly generated levels. My approach is a little different though as I wanted to created an Elder Scrolls-like game, but condensed to mainly the dungeon crawling aspect. Or like I use to say a Skyrim + Diablo mix.

It's awesome to see somebody elses interpretation of the same idea. I think when I got some time I will get myself a copy of your game and try it out. I am always super excited to see what other small teams are doing.

I sadly recognized your game didn't do that well on Steam. I am not sure if that was your first release on steam, but my first one didn't do very well either. It's a tough market.

Anyways I just wanted to come by and appreciate your work. I am looking forward in trying your game.

Your game looks really cool!! Wishing you luck with it!

CRIMSON KEEP - First Person Action Roguelite
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic