Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:10:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRacers:Dirt - Pixel art top down racing game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Racers:Dirt - Pixel art top down racing game  (Read 13747 times)
SpaceDuck
Level 0

an Indie Game Developer of 21c.Ducks

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »

Hi.

We are 21c.Ducks - an indie game studio. We are working on a top down racing game "Racers:Dirt". We want to introduce our game here, and  get some feedback from you guys.

C o n c e p t

An intense top down rally-cross game
- Control the car through the dirt road to win the race. Show your drift, use nitro, and make takedown! 4 race modes through the circuits with various themes, voluminous career mode, plus multi play and 2p play are ready.

F e a t u r e s

Drift
- In other racing game, side walk was a penalty. In "Racers:Dirt", you will enjoy it. There are E-brake and slippy dirt area for drift. Grip is revised automatically by car-spec.

Lands
- Tarmac and dirt has different accelerating and side walk, And "Racers:Dirt" provides gravel road, grass, sand and snowy road. For the good record,You need to control delicately to keep stick on the tarmac among the off-road.

Nitro
- You will get nitro by drift. To using nitro, just press a button - or hold it to keep using it. You can use nitro strategically to get high-speed on the straight way to end drift, to runout of the off-road, etc.

Explosion
- If your car hit on the wall or other cars, it gets damage and will be wrecked down finally. This will give you a intense experience. There are also a stat of durability and a race mode about take-down.

Race-mode
- There are 4 race modes : rallycross, time-trial, drift-show, and take down. Take down is a dynamic mode to crash other cars down by using nitro.

Graphic
- A 2D Pixel-Art graphic style like an old arcade game. And plus particles, light-FX, camera moving will make you in the rally-cross scene.

C o n t e n t s

Career mode
- 6 leagues and 25 cups - total 200 races.
- 14 circuits - each have day(forward) and night(reverse), 4 kinds race mode.
- 10 cars in 3 classes, 3 types of car. Each car can be upgraded 4 stats, up to Lv10.

2P play
- With 2 control pad, you can race with your family or friends in split-screen mode. You can select a class and circuit pack.
- You need cars which purchased in career mode.
- Quick chat by buttons during the race.

N e x t   S t e p

Background Graphics
- The background graphics of screenshots are all dummies. We don't want to use all of our effort to the graphic. But it will be much better than now.

Better Multi Play
- Ok, it works well now actually. But what if a player is in a really really bat network? We want to handle it. And of course we will keep trying to get more smooth and correct sync. To get both at a time is really hard, but we hope that we can do it.

Sounds
- One of my friend made some good BGMs, and trying to make more now. And we have the basic sounds like engine sound, skid sound, sound on the dirt loard, crashes... but don't have any UI sounds or a kind of FX-sounds. We need some help for this.

O u r   G o a l s

PS4
- We will launch Racers:Dirt on PS4 first. We actually rebuild whole game from HAXE to unity for this. We already contact with Sony, signed on the contract. We submitted our proposal globally, waiting for the result. If we get pass it, we can launch!

Steam
- Our next step will be Steam. We love steam, even though we don't know how to lanch on it, and what is needed. But we want you to be able to play Racers:Dirt on Steam too.

the Next
- Well, we can not decide about it right now :p

F o l l o w   U s

Facebook
- This is the first place you can get a news about us. Actually, there are only Korean posts at this point, but we will make English posts. So please visit our page and follow us.
- facebook.com/21cducks

Blog
- You can get more detailed posts here. We will post both in Korean and in English.
- 21cducks.com

Twitter
- You can get a quick and short news in English.
- twitter.com/nulhyelang

So... that's all today. I hope that you guys give us many feedback.
Have a good day. Thanks : D
[/color]

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:30:10 AM by SpaceDuck » Logged

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »

This looks great! I love everything about it, it looks like loads of fun. I really like the chunky cars.

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:03:17 AM »

This looks great! I love everything about it, it looks like loads of fun. I really like the chunky cars.
Thank you for loving our game. About chunky cars, it was really hard to decision to work with such big pixels instead of fine 3D graphic. But it makes really cool rally cross mood : )

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 02:18:55 AM »

Gives me all the right vibes, micromachines comes to mind, and not a damn thing wrong with that :D! If you are looking people to playtest this, I've a group of eager friends who I get together with regularly to play local multiplay games like this.

RobertGameDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 03:26:22 AM »

A rally game called Dirt? That's a bold strategy colton, let's see how it plays out.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 04:14:53 AM »

A rally game called Dirt? That's a bold strategy colton, let's see how it plays out.

Fairly sure the title and linked pictures in OP say Racers: Dirt. Should be grand.

lobstersteve
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 05:34:51 AM »

Yeah, awesome  Grin
Totally in for a rather unexplored genre in the new wave of pixel art games.
I played a heck a lot of rock'n'roll racing on the snes back in the days, reminds me a little bit of it graphically Smiley
GalaethGames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 05:42:05 AM »

rally-cross! awesome!
Looks good, a lot of circuits, and some different cars to play as.  I'm following this! Coffee

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 05:59:14 AM »

Gives me all the right vibes, micromachines comes to mind, and not a damn thing wrong with that :D! If you are looking people to playtest this, I've a group of eager friends who I get together with regularly to play local multiplay games like this.

Micromachines - what a masterpiece you are saying! Thanks! And, yes, we love your suggestion to testing our multi play. Can you e-mail us so that we can give you latest test version?

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 06:09:17 AM »

Fairly sure the title and linked pictures in OP say Racers: Dirt. Should be grand.

Thanks your your interest. Well, we of course love the "DiRT" series, and making a great racing game like that is our goal. But "Dirt" is just our sub-title, that means we are making "Racers" series, and "Dirt" is one of them. Hmm... Could it be a problem though?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:33:56 AM by SpaceDuck » Logged

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 06:13:29 AM »

Yeah, awesome  Grin
Totally in for a rather unexplored genre in the new wave of pixel art games.
I played a heck a lot of rock'n'roll racing on the snes back in the days, reminds me a little bit of it graphically Smiley

A rather unexplored genre in the pixel art games? Thank your for saying that. It is a really nice expression!

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 06:14:28 AM »

rally-cross! awesome!
Looks good, a lot of circuits, and some different cars to play as.  I'm following this! Coffee

Yeah, you should follow us! Thanks!

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 06:20:25 AM »

looks biutiful. I wonder if it plays as good as it looks

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 06:42:00 AM »

looks biutiful. I wonder if it plays as good as it looks

We are really trying to make it not to be a boring one. So we made 4 modes, day and night, forward and reverse, leagues and cups, car classes and types, multi plays, blah blah... But the best thing we think is controlling the car. It is not super nimble like Mini motor racing but more sensitive and intense. I hope that you love it.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 06:50:39 AM »

following! love the pixel art here.

used to play Over Top & Neodriftout(1996 neogeo) a lot, curious to see how the gameplay will be feel in this one.
Good luck on this project.
RobertGameDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »

Thanks your your interest. Well, we of course love the "DiRT" series, and making a great racing game like that is our goal. But "Dirt" is just our sub-title, that means we are making "Racers" series, and "Dirt" is one of them. Hmm... Could it be a problem though?

There is an easy way to find out, ping this guy a message on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/VideoGameAttorney
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »

Micromachines - what a masterpiece you are saying! Thanks! And, yes, we love your suggestion to testing our multi play. Can you e-mail us so that we can give you latest test version?

Emailed you!

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 09:08:59 AM »

Love the artstyle, looks great Smiley

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 10:42:59 AM »

following! love the pixel art here.

used to play Over Top & Neodriftout(1996 neogeo) a lot, curious to see how the gameplay will be feel in this one.
Good luck on this project.

I didn't play that game, but saw it. It was really cool! By the way, if you want play our game, please e-mail us, so that we can share you a test build : )

There is an easy way to find out, ping this guy a message on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/VideoGameAttorney

Thank you for the good information!

Emailed you!

I E-mailed you too. Thank you.

Love the artstyle, looks great Smiley

Thanks. By the way, we will much improve the art!

SpaceDuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 07:49:17 AM »

Need Help

We need a help to decide what kind of reward for players who clear or win all contents.

This is a simple diagram that showing our contents unlock flow.
If you clear a basic league, the next league and champ league will be unlocked.
If you win a league, you will have new cup events.
Then, what's the thing that you want when you clear or win a cup league??

We will prepare two kind of car parade show for the ending.
But we think there should be some reward between clearing a cup league and ending.

Anyone have a idea?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic