Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:48:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeFighting game mode
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fighting game mode  (Read 1062 times)
Pedrosanchau
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »

Hi,

I'm making a fighting game and i'm trying to find some originals modes (others than versus and team battle).

I'm thinking of a team battle with special bonus between fights.

Do you have any ideas or game modes you'd like to see in fighting game?
Tanner Fruit Fly
Level 0

Tanner sticks the pen up his nose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:17:14 AM »

I always thought having a tournament style mode was fun, especially if your game has any sort of in-game currency where you can place bets on characters as you advance through the ranks.

One of my favorite fighting game mechanics was the Story Mode (might have been called something else, can't remember) in Soul Calibur II, where you would enter dangerous crypts and choose which room you would walk into next, and each room offered something different, and often had special conditions where you had to defeat your opponent in under 15 seconds or you your health would slowly decrease on its own and you'd have to beat the other guy before you run out of health. Start the video at 9:25 to see what I'm talking about:

Tell us a little more about what your intentions are with this fighting game though. Is it a more realistically based fighting game or more fantasy oriented? What's the theme of your game? Is there an in-game currency system? Will there be unlockables (characters, concept art, etc)? Just some stuff to think about!

[Check out the "This Is Jim" book on Gumroad! Head over to my devlog for a discounted promo code Wink]
Pedrosanchau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 12:05:09 PM »

Thanks for your answer.

I know the mode you talked about in Soul Calibur II. It is a good idea. I only thought of multiplayer mode. I'll try to think of solo mode too.

As for the info, the game is nearly finished (is left to do: 50% of the story, online gaming, some bugs) and i'd like to add some fun with original modes.

The game is fantasy oriented with no currency and not many unlockables (i'm alone and can't do much!!!!) I thought of this site to get ideas. I left an old video of my game to see what it looks like, if it can help!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwczSABF88&feature=youtu.be
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic