Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:44:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBONEBORN
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: BONEBORN  (Read 5545 times)
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »

Definitely see touches of Space funeral in the aesthetics and you really brought it to life with the animation. Looks awesome!

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 11:32:04 AM »

How to make a destructible tiles like in Broforce? I made dozens of gameObjects, but it's probably not the efficient way to do.

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:36 AM »

Digging deeper into procgen

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 04:03:02 AM »

Hello! Today I uploaded a demo/alpha/prototype version of game. It contains single level and some chunks of the story.
Link: gamejolt.com/games/boneborne-prologue/136168

Spent almost a week playing with procedural generation and destructible blocks, but it just didn't work out  Smiley
So I abandoned it and decided to make a short playable version to gather some feedback. There are only a WebGl build right now, but I gonna do a downloadable version soon.
Go play it and give me some feedback please!  Panda

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »

The game doesn't run well on my very old computer so I had to give up (maybe the download will work better), but from what I played the visuals and music go really well together. Excited for the finished product.

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 01:19:58 AM »

The game doesn't run well on my very old computer so I had to give up (maybe the download will work better), but from what I played the visuals and music go really well together. Excited for the finished product.

Hello! Today I uploaded a standalone Windows version. It also contains few bugfixes. Hopefully now you can play it  Smiley
http://gamejolt.com/games/boneborne-prologue/136168

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:00 AM »

One of the biggest complains on the demo was weapons system. Original design contains one main weapon and a few additional guns that spend players coins (also they're characters "souls" - he loses them if dies). This system is crap because even if player loves the guns and want to use them, he prefers to save his "souls".
So I changed it!
Now character has multiple weapons that he obtains after beating bosses. And these guns are improved by "souls" that character collects. On characters death however, an active gun loses its upgrades. So it's basically the same system that were in Cave Story.

And this is three various-level attacks with a sword that character gets after beating the Orgin Muder!

xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »

THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 06:58:28 AM »

Making new levels and new mechanics and new enemies and many new things!

da_neel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:19 AM »

FRACTURES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 04:44:42 AM »

This game looks completely mental (in a very good way), and I'm very disappointed that you're making the music yourself - just my kind of project  Cry

Fractures     Showreel     Twitter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic