Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:30:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs...KILL COMMANDO [FPS, C64-like, 3D, ultraviolence][Released]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: ...KILL COMMANDO [FPS, C64-like, 3D, ultraviolence][Released]  (Read 13534 times)
gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »

gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2017, 05:33:18 AM »

Fortune saz:
You wasted six years of your life! Better days will come...

Finally released on http://www.indiedb.com/games/kill-commando/downloads

gamejolt and itchio will follow.

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2017, 07:32:24 AM »

This is going to sound harsh, but there's no way I'd play your game. Not a fan of the title, not a fan of the art, and just overall it doesn't interest me. I'm sure you'll find people who like this. Good luck.
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2017, 07:43:55 AM »

This is going to sound harsh, but there's no way I'd play your game. Not a fan of the title, not a fan of the art, and just overall it doesn't interest me. I'm sure you'll find people who like this. Good luck.

Facepalm

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »

This is going to sound harsh, but there's no way I'd play your game.
Come on! I'd give you 100 dollars!  Hand Money Left

simkas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »

I'm excited to finally play this, but is there any way to change the mouse sensitivity? It's crazy low by default. And for some reason trying to move with either A or D while also moving backwards causes me to strafe in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:01:18 AM by simkas » Logged
GalaethGames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »

I'm just writing a message to say that I NEVER WILL PLAY YOUR GAME! NEVER! EVEN IF YOU PAY ME!!!!

How much??? Gentleman

Ok, I play!

I like it, but yeh the mouse sensitivity is really low, it's a struggle to turn.
I'm excited to finally play this, but is there any way to change the mouse sensitivity? It's crazy low by default. And for some reason trying to move with either A or D while also moving backwards causes me to strafe in the opposite direction.

gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2017, 12:28:36 AM »

Thank you for the feedback!
It seems that I have a very high mouse-sensitivity configured under Windows and so I always felt comfortable with it. This weekend I will try to upload a new version with a configurable value in the Setup.

The A + Backward issue sounds strange, could be a bug. I'll try to fix this too.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »

Thank you for the feedback!
It seems that I have a very high mouse-sensitivity configured under Windows and so I always felt comfortable with it. This weekend I will try to upload a new version with a configurable value in the Setup.

The A + Backward issue sounds strange, could be a bug. I'll try to fix this too.

That would explain why I didn't have issues with the mouse (I also have very high mouse sensitivity) and it's good to know that it's likely not a bug but something that can be fixed with configurable settings. 

If possible, I would also like a different key for opening doors since pressing Enter requires to lifting up a hand.  Can't remember if Space is used for something else but that or the commonly used 'E'.

gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2017, 05:16:06 AM »

Ok, a new version, 1.0.5 is online now. The mouse-sensitivity can be configured in the setup:

The 'A + backwards'-bug was really funny:
-if player presses A: rotate direction vector with 90 degree
-if player presses S: rotate direction vector with 180 degree
-> this is a 270 degree rotation  Embarrassed

I added a real diagonal movement.

Additionally I printed some text on the loading screen:

Else the user might not realize that he is already in a new episode after finishing the last one.

...and 'E' opens the door now, too.  Smiley

simkas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2017, 10:14:03 AM »

Yeah I think you're gonna have to boost the mouse sensitivity setting even further, even at the highest setting it feels really slow.
gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2017, 11:08:59 AM »

The problem seems to be identified: someone with the same issue measured the framerate and he had 3000 FPS!!!
I get framerates between 50 and 100 FPS and then it works fine. But if a frame is under a millisecond the moved distance of the mouse is so small that it may disappear because the smallest unit for me to measure the mouse position is one pixel.

gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2017, 06:44:28 AM »

The mouse problems should be fixed now in the version 1.0.7. It also supports inversion of the vertical mouse-movement. I can't play such way but for some gamers this seems to be very important.

gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »

Uploaded a version with an easier EASY:
http://gamejolt.com/games/the-american-delta-vengeance-action-blood-force-kill-commando/189279

When you are testing a game again and again you are so used to the behaviour of the enemies and the weapons that you think it's too easy...

This was the first title I released. What did I learn in the last two weeks? Articles are overestimated. Kill Commando got a nice review on mirror and I expected a lot of traffic but it only generated 30 clicks to the itch.io page!
But it helped a lot to be featured on gamejolt. The game will reach at least 1000 downloads soon.

The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2017, 11:07:55 AM »

You know what I really Really like about this game besides its retro FPS.... the main character is left handed :D

freank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »

hahaha! Funny idea! Nice work!

My last game:

Supporter of
gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2017, 07:53:15 AM »

thanx!

the main character is left handed :D

This is the main feature. It's all about anti-discrimination.
So you can consider this as one of those "NOT-games".

gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »

I updated a playlist with all videos I found with Kill Commando game-footage:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL04Mi7IKwRVGQioI7vduH-lDBdKj-fSZO

It is really interesting to see the reactions of others playing the game. I didn't expect it to be so difficult.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic