Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:33:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAdult sex thread for normal adults.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Adult sex thread for normal adults.  (Read 3335 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:15 PM »

I'm Canadian, 18, and vividly remember the day 9/11 happened. If anyone wants the story just ask.

Canned Turkey
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 07:48:01 PM »

I hate the concept of a millennial generation because the official boundaries for that generation include people that are old enough to have grown up pre-9/11 (probably the biggest thing in recent US history?)

Generations are a nebulous concept anyways, people don't all get together and agree to have babies at the same time.

Also the 2008 market crash debacle was just about as big as 9/11, and I remember that pretty dang clearly.
9/11 was horrific, but it terms of the effects on the general population:

9/11
~3000 lives (+whoever died in the middle east if you're talking world history)

Vs.

Stock market crash
Estimated 1.1 million US families homeless (+Iceland going almost bankrupt and other world events directly caused by it)

I'd say the 2008 crash might be an even bigger event for US history, especially taking into account the "learning from our mistakes by remembering them" part of history.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »

I hate the concept of a millennial generation because the official boundaries for that generation include people that are old enough to have grown up pre-9/11 (probably the biggest thing in recent US history?)

Generations are a nebulous concept anyways, people don't all get together and agree to have babies at the same time.

Also the 2008 market crash debacle was just about as big as 9/11, and I remember that pretty dang clearly.
9/11 was horrific, but it terms of the effects on the general population:

9/11
~3000 lives (+whoever died in the middle east if you're talking world history)

Vs.

Stock market crash
Estimated 1.1 million US families homeless (+Iceland going almost bankrupt and other world events directly caused by it)

I'd say the 2008 crash might be an even bigger event for US history, especially taking into account the "learning from our mistakes by remembering them" part of history.

What if you made the case that the stock market crash happened because of bad policies that bush implemented during his second term, and 9/11 played a big role in him getting that second term because iraq somehow?Huh???

also if you were young enough to not remember 9/11 you weren't entering the job market during the recession anyway

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 12:33:11 AM »

9/11 was important as a turning point in world politics, so you could definitely make a case that remembering a pre-9/11 world is an important distinction, but that's not how generations work. I'm not old enough to be the father of someone born in '99 so they are the same generation as me. Also I was shocked when 9/11 happened, but it did not really affect my personal life much at the time (I'm European).

I'd say the most unifying trait of millenials is that they grew up with the internet. Tho even with that there are distinctions between people who grew up in the 90s to early 00s and remember "web 1.0" and people who grew up with myspace, facebook, youtube etc already being widely used. generations r dum.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 06:01:23 AM »

I'm Canadian, 18, and vividly remember the day 9/11 happened. If anyone wants the story just ask.
you were 3?

I also remember the stock market crash pretty clearly, but it didn't directly affect my worldview at all considering I was barely out of elementary school.
I don't remember anything of 9/11 though. Just that the date was something really serious for sure guys®. Most classmates didn't take it very seriously either, but that might be because I'm a europe too.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 06:13:03 AM »

you were 3?

I also remember the stock market crash pretty clearly, but it didn't directly affect my worldview at all considering I was barely out of elementary school.

you're making me feel like a grandpa. STOP!!!  Screamy
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »

9/11 was important as a turning point in world politics, so you could definitely make a case that remembering a pre-9/11 world is an important distinction, but that's not how generations work. I'm not old enough to be the father of someone born in '99 so they are the same generation as me. Also I was shocked when 9/11 happened, but it did not really affect my personal life much at the time (I'm European).

you're making me feel like a grandpa. STOP!!!  Screamy

9/11?
How about the fall of the USSR? Anyone else? :/

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 07:20:35 AM »

i was born in 89 so the wall literally came down because of me. feel free to thank me.
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 07:24:56 AM »

[...]
9/11?
How about the fall of the USSR? Anyone else? :/

I remember Chernobyl.  Who, Me?

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 07:30:22 AM »

Was alive, but too young to notice. I think I was busy playing on a C64 in those days?
Anyway, that oughta make CA feel less grandfatherly.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 09:10:07 AM »

you were 3?

Yep. I don't remember 9/11 specifically, but I do remember that, on that specific day, I was running around our old house trying to get a kite to fly, with varying degrees of success, and for some reason I vividly remembered that. Then, years later, I was talking to my parents about how I always remember the most random things and told them about the kite thing when I was three, and they told me that not only was it 9/11 at the time, but that an american business friend of my father's was visiting at the time; and, if I remember correctly, he was from around new york city. According to my parents, as he was watching the news in our living room, he looked out of the window and saw me playing with my kite, and commented on the irony of an innocent child playing with his toy while there was a tragedy happening across the world. It was quite shocking to hear the story. I still don't know why I remember that day so vividly though. It's really weird.

Canned Turkey
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 10:09:22 AM »

also if you were young enough to not remember 9/11 you weren't entering the job market during the recession anyway

I was investing in realty at the time and the recession hit me harder than anyone I lost it all you don't know my life
MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2016, 06:41:32 PM »

I'm not old enough to be the father of someone born in '99

maybe you're just not trying hard enough

Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 04:16:12 AM »

Thread's getting kinda pervy now, just want to remind everyone this is supposed to a adult sex thread for NORMAL adults.

Let's keep it civilised people.

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

breaking news: the boys are back in town

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2016, 07:55:09 AM »

breaking news: the boys are back in town

pass the word: the chicks are back

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2016, 08:57:22 AM »

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »

Sad
Kmany
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2016, 04:51:54 AM »

I was in Stockholm when Olof Palme was murdered.
Years later I got my first pubes and after that regular boners.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2016, 05:41:38 AM »

I was in Stockholm when Olof Palme was murdered.
Years later I got my first pubes and after that regular boners.
I have reported your post to SÄPO

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic