Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:58:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingSuper Awesome Professional Writer Looking To Collaborate!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Awesome Professional Writer Looking To Collaborate!  (Read 929 times)
skylerhartle
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2016, 12:06:27 PM »

Howdy ya'll,

As the title states, I'm a professional writer looking to collaborate with a team on a game. I'm looking specifically for people who are highly focused on finishing a project. We all know how easy it is to get halfway through something and then lose interest.

A bit about me: I'm (this should be obvious since I'm here) a long time gamer. I have a BA in English with an emphasis on Creative Writing. I have extensive academic experience and study in narrative. Previously, I served as the lead scriptwriter/technical writer for a web-based video production studio. I've created storyboards, examined the writing process in an objective-driven environment, and crafted the strategy for achieving daily and weekly milestones in generating written content.

I have no specific focus on genre. I've written fiction, nonfiction, creative nonfiction, science fiction, fantasy, magical realism, flash fiction, and experimented with defining narrative styles not confined by typical writing conventions or genres. I do enjoy writing in genres that focus more on the distortion of reality i.e., elements of the mystic or fantastic in a real-world setting ala Neil Gaiman, Kelly Link, or anything written by Haruki Murakami, but I love branching out and trying new genres, too.

As a bonus, I'm also a full-stack web developer with a focus on JavaScript/Node. I'd gladly leverage these skills to create web-based tools that would help drive narrative design in a collaborative environment.

As mentioned before, I'm really looking to 'plug' into an existing team that is looking for some help with the writing experience. Or, to collaborate with somebody who is highly focused and realistic on what we can achieve in a given timescale. My overarching goal is to to build a portfolio prior to job-searching in the game industry.

My personal website is http://www.skylerhartle.com/, but it's slanted more towards the web industry.

I live in Seattle, so if anybody local wants to get together, I'd be up for that, too.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Hope to connect with somebody soon.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic