Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 07:32:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFollow-up to Soldat announced!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Follow-up to Soldat announced!  (Read 1871 times)
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2007, 08:44:56 AM »

Hi guys,
I'm not only here for advertising, actually a daily visitor of th TIGSource, but just registered today Smiley The reason, as the title already says: The follow-up game to the 2D multiplayer shooter Soldat has been announced today by its developer Michal Marcinkowski. The announcement is featured on his personal blog: http://mm.soldat.pl/?p=77

After the cancellation of the partly 3D dogfighting game called Crimson Glory he goes back to the roots again with this game being mostly 2D, so that also mods can be created that much easier without having to fiddle around with the modelling Smiley
Of course as with many great indie games 2D graphics don't have to mean the game is technically old-fashioned, which also holds true here: The engine Michal built will feature some great techniques like the automatic translation of maps drawn in paint to polygons as well as a dynamic character animation system based on physics.

In contrast to Soldat the new project, called link-dead, will be a slower game based on tactical progression in both an underground as well as an overworld part of the map. This will include not only fighting, but also hacking, as link-dead is set in the near future. Even though at this point the information about the game is rather sparse, we will get more insight into what it's about and especially what it will look like in the future. Also you can have a look at the development logs featured on Michal's blog, right there: http://mm.soldat.pl/?cat=3

So, what do you think? As a long-time Soldat player I am of course pretty excited about link-dead, especially as more elaborate tactics are what I always missed in this fast-paced shooter Smiley I suppose it will still take a long while until there will be a playable version of it, but I got faith that Michal will turn link-dead into a real gem after all the experience he gathered in these last years. It is about time, anyway Grin
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 08:47:21 AM by MisterX » Logged

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »

Right on! I just started playing Soldat recently...great game...can't wait to see this one...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic