Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:44:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & Eventsi hope i don't die
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: i hope i don't die  (Read 3972 times)
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:10:58 AM »

so after 6 straight hours of driving i'm basically staying at a motel 6 in oakland. this was, of course, what i decided to do when the lobby of the first motel 6 i went to was closed -- looked at my gps picked out the next closest one. ah yes, motel 6 in oakland, sounds good.

hrmm, oakland, sounds familiar.

ah, yes:

Oakland continues to have a reputation as a city with a high rate of violent crime, a problem that began during the late 1960s. By the end of the 1970s, Oakland's murder rate had risen to twice that of San Francisco or New York City.[38] [66] Crime continued to escalate during the 1980s, and remains one of Oakland's most serious challenges today.

During the 1990s and 2000s, Oakland has consistently been listed as one of the most dangerous large cities in the United States.

(...)

On March 21, 2009, at approximately 1:10 pm two Oakland police officers pulled over a car driven by Lovelle Mixon during a routine traffic stop. (...) With four police officers murdered in one day, three of them sergeants, this incident represents the worst loss of officers' lives on the same day in Oakland Police Department history. [89]

whoops.

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 04:16:37 AM »

i hope you do
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:23:27 AM »

hero of the fsa, how about you come over here and deflect them bullets with your bionic arm.

oh wait, that's the OTHER hero of the fsa.

you're worthless, man. *swings onto the albatross and explodes hitler's head* peace.

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:25:35 AM »

F!!! Arthur Lee. He is a punk a!! b!!!! He has no respect for my accomplishments or the position I've earned within the Federated States Army. You won't get away with this forever, you lilly livered son of a gun.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 04:30:45 AM »

Pssh, Baltimore's got six times the murder rate of NYC currently.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 04:32:15 AM »

Also, we will kill anyone who kills you back.

mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 04:40:17 AM »

p.s. i've figured out your plan. get me drunk until i start getting chatty and wait as i accidentally let slip the true identity of the infamous 'super joe'. clever plan. i expected no less from a couple of NIGs (i mean this in the least racist way possible.)

i'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys tomorrow.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »

Cool! You got some people's phone numbers right? See you later today Well, hello there!
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 10:14:50 AM »

Oh, glad you could make it.

By the way, I live in Oakland, and yeah, it is a bit unsafe.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »

p.s. i've figured out your plan. get me drunk until i start getting chatty and wait as i accidentally let slip the true identity of the infamous 'super joe'. ...
That is my plan, yes. Cool

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »

What is Arthur Lee? A miserable little pile of secrets? But enough talk. HAVE AT YOU.

Anywho, even if I die before learning the true identity of Super Joe, I guess it was nice to make your acquaintance.

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »

arthur lee is a faggot
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »

What neighborhood? Because if you're freaking out over a Motel 6 in Rockridge, I'ma laugh at you.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 06:20:46 AM »

Did you get your car back in the end? Hope you didn't get caught driving it!

mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »

haha, yep, i ended up just following a car randomly, because i was drunk out of my mind, and i figured i would look semi-competent if i just did what someone else did. after a couple of minutes of that, i found myself a spot to park by the street, and i kinda just passed out in the backseat of my car. when i woke up the next morning, i looked outside my window and somehow, by sheer coincidence i was basically on derek yu's block.

but, yeah, i got pretty lucky -- the guy was already closing down the lot when i came running by. i asked if i could get my car, and seeing an asian brother in need he made an exception and let me through.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »

Jesus christ man.  You took life to the extreme just for one day at GDC.

SAVAGE.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic